07/04/2020

Day 9 of the lockdown. It feels very nice counting the number of days of this lockdown because, with every passing day, we keep drawing nearer to day 14 – the final day. But I can't stop wondering what it will be like if the situation becomes worse and the deadline is extended for a month. There have been rumours of an extension. I mean, a lot of countries which began with a full lockdown for 2 weeks went on to extend the duration for a month whiles over here, we are just on partial lockdown. I know that the situation will just keep getting worse. A lot of countries keep on saying they can see the infection curve flattening out for them. I wish it is true but I don't see it. It's just politicians saying words of encouragement.

Today wasn't better than yesterday. I mean, we only ate once again today just like yesterday. For some reason, I thought that since the day our benefactor provided us with foodstuffs, things would get better. I suppose I was wrong. At 6:30 pm, the house is feeling very dead and empty. Mostly, I can get along with just one meal a day but I found out that something was missing. Although I had HP to read, I noticed that I didn't have something else: internet connection, and I need them both (HP and internet) to be distracted from hunger. The internet gives me the ability to see the outside world whiles I am indoors and connected me to my friends and other people through social media and obviously pursue my interesting online courses.

Usually, my parents provide me with internet for at least 2 hours a day, but today due to some complications (which break down to lack of money), they were unable to provide it. This and the idea of a single meal has had a huge effect on me. I was eager to add a lot of lines to my other book today but I lost the inspiration after I woke up at noon. It seems like my days always get bad as after my afternoon nap.

Cambridge International Examniations has updated their status in how students like me who had their exams cancelled would be graded. They already said that we would be given grades based on our past mock exams, classworks, homeworks, predicted grades and a bunch of other pieces of evidence and today they were supposed to send more steps on how the grading will be done but I won't get to know about that or today's update on COVID-19 because there is no internet to find out, so I'm just waiting for tomorrow.

Concerning Harry Potter, I'm in book 4 of the series (Goblet of fire). I just found out that the deeper into the series you get, the voluminous the book becomes. Honestly, I don't know why, but I'm so sad and I feel like crying. I want to go to bed early today although what worries me the most is that sleep will not come to take me to limbo. I wish there was a permanent place of quietness, but nothing is permanent I guess. Not even death will give me that quiet I want. Anyway, I just remembered I haven't read some new comics I downloaded yesterday. Perhaps they will bring me joy as they always have in the past.