20/04/2020

Hooray!!!!! The lockdown is over!! Yesterday, I paid full attention to the president as he spoke live. I listened closely as he made the declaration that the lockdown had been lifted and I just didn't care what else he talked about. The entire family was in a celebrative mood.....the entire country was in a celebrative mood yet everybody stayed quiet and relieved. Everybody except my mom and dad who just couldn't stop jumping and beaming with joy at the news. Yes, she resumed work today with my dad so I am back to facing the pain of babysitting my siblings. I just realised how the lockdown had actually relieved me of that duty since my parents were home and now, I am back to dealing with those troublesome kids.

Ghana is just one country following the same steps some other poor countries are taking. Last week, Brazil also decided to lift its lockdown even though they hadn't still reached the peak of the infection curve. Even the US has declared reopening about 3 states that were on lockdown in 3 phases. I can't give an update on the world coronavirus situation as I don't have internet access today. 

Like I said some time ago, the economic crisis that the disease will cause nations will lead to more deaths than the disease itself. What we must do is learn to live with it and follow the rules, and not remain stagnant until it magically goes away because, by that time, only a selected few will live to tell the tale. 

Coming back to today, I woke up at 5 am after going to bed by 10:35 last night. I felt quite indifferent about the new changes that had begun today around the country. I wasn't able to practice any language or even read the HP book or add lines to my other book. I was still processing yesterday's news and the effects it will have in my head. I had only breakfast for today.

I was in deep thoughts today about how I wanted my future to be. I do wish to be one of the greatest people if not the greatest to have ever lived. I want to make an impact on the world in as much fields as possible (like Isaac Newton) that would be felt for millennia to come. I don't know if I ever talked about how much DC characters have influenced my life. I sometimes think like Bruce Wayne (The Batman); trying to change the world with his Wayne foundations and enterprises and I fancy doing something likewise in future. I don't want to talk much about this topic because it feels out of context. That should be all for now.