Little Nugget|Dad!Wardensam

This AU is that Sam is Y/Ns dad. Also, y/n in this story is young like 7.
Pronouns: They/them

I make my way to the prison bringing my dad lunch. I worry about him sometimes it's very rare he leaves the prison. I make my way inside of the room with the nether portal letting him know I'm there.

He lets me in wearing the usual full set of netherite armor. To be honest I don't remember the last time I'd seen him without it. I walk up to him walking around his desk setting the food on the desktop and giving him a side hug.

I feel him ruffle my hair. We don't talk very much we mainly enjoy each other's company. I usually stay here for an hour or 2 to keep him company. I remember falling asleep one's dad had to carry me home. Probably the closest I've ever felt to him.

Time passes and it only been like a half an hour. I start questioning who Hes even guarding I've never bothered to ask. I mean it crossed my mind but never actually questioned it. I look up from one of the many clocks my father has in a chest that I was playing with.

"Dad..."

"Yes sweetie?" He says turning to look at me.

"Who are you even guarding..." Silence that's all I heard for a while until I hear a quiet sigh.

"Um his name is Dream. . . Well, that's all I should tell you" I look down back at my clock not questioning further.

"Ok..." One of the last words spoken for a while.

I little while later and I feel myself drift off to sleep.

-

I wake up to see my dad gone but someone else here. A man he had on suspenders and had a huge scar across his eye. He hasn't seemed to notice I exist yet. I opened my eye stretching out of the chair I was sitting on.

It seemed to startle the man at first, but he seemed more confused and concerned of why I was there. I see him walk over and knell in front of me.

"Hey little one what are you doing here?" I pause looking around for my dad. Trying not to let my body shake. I stumble on my words.

"U-uh my daddy works h-here" he looked at me probably questioning if I was lying or not.

"Who's your daddy?" I take a quick look to see my dad walking back in from where he came from. I ignore the man and run over my dad.

"Daddy!" I yell excitedly hugging his waist. He seems token back by the surprise since I'm usually not this hyper when I'm with him.

But he just smiled set his hand on my back rubbing it.

"Finally woke up little nugget" I huff at the nickname crossing my arms. He looks up to see the man then looks back at me and gives me that 'it's alright look'.

"Dude since when did you have a kid!?" the man said surprised. I cling to my dad I wasn't a very big fan of the man. His smile was . . .creepy.

"Now I don't see that to be any of your business quackity now does it?" The man now known at 'quackity' puts his hands up in defeat. I let go of my dad's leg but still stays by his side as he makes his way to his desk.

I stand halfway behind his leg and daddy talks to quackity. I don't really pay attention to what they're talking about I just try and avoid the gaze of the man's eyes.

As soon as the man leaves, I dig my head into my dad's side. He could tell something was wrong.

"Nugget what's wrong" he said kneeling in front of me.

"That man was scary" I say trying not to stumble on my words. I hear him almost chuckle.

"Oh, nugget it's ok as long as I'm around no one will harm you" he says genuinely poking my chest making me giggle. I hug him tightly.

I stay with him for the rest of the day not wanting to leave him. No one else came in so we just sat there talking for the rest of the day.