Chapter 15

Rachel's POV 

Alexander huffed and poured himself another glass of whiskey. "Well go on then, ask me what you want."

I quickly sat upright and got comfortable. "Why do you go by Viotto and not Ashford?"

"It's to honour my mother," he curtly said and stopped there. I gave him a curious stare and he reluctantly elaborated.

"My mother, Alessandra Viotto, also worked in the Ashford mansion as a maid. Just like you did. My father, Noah, supposedly fell in love with her. But that's bullshit because love is a myth. He was running the Ashford business for grandpa at the time because grandma had just passed. Dad was doing a pretty good job at it. Seeing that my mother came from a poor background with average parents and no status, nobody agreed to their union. So they did what young naïve couples do, they eloped," he said rather softly.

He sighed roughly and rubbed his face. "We're not going to get into the gory details today princess, but long story short, they faced some...technical difficulties one day and died. I use the name to cherish my mother."

He took a big sip of his whiskey and looked at me expectantly waiting for my next question.

"How did you get that scar?" I asked and pointed with my hand to the faded scar on his face that ran all the way down past his neck.

He again looked uncomfortable at my question. "An accident of a sort when I was younger, next question now."

I gave him a suspicious glare for answering my question so vaguely but nevertheless I did brush it off. "What do you do? For work that is..."

His shoulders relaxed and he was less tense at this question. "I do a lot of things. I don't have a specific occupation, but I did study aeronautical engineering."

My eyes widened at that. Here he was studying spacecraft and aircraft whereas I barely passed high school. Hell, I even had trouble with basic reading. I was really dumb.

"But to some extent it wasn't much use to study that because I don't do anything that requires my degree, if I had a chance to go back I would probably do business management or even mining engineering," he placed his hand on my thigh and started rubbing.

"What I really do is that I own a lot of mines across the world. Each continent specific to a certain mineral. The middle east is oil, Australia is aluminium, South America is iron and copper, Southern Africa is gold, diamonds and coal, Asia is lead, zinc and the list goes on."

I looked at him impressed. Imagine being that successful that you have something on each continent. "That's why you're always on the move."

He nodded at me. "Yes. But that's just the main part of my legacy. I'm a man of many trades so I refuse to put all my eggs in one basket. I took a course in finance as well, so investments are one of my hobbies that I turned into a business and I have a little chain of restaurants and casino's here and there. You know, just to spice it up a bit," he playfully said.

I smiled at him. "Just to spice it up a little? As if it wasn't spiced enough already," I laughed. "Where do you find time to breathe?"

"That's why I have capable assistants and subordinates. David is my right hand man in business. He knows what to do and how to do everything when I'm not there."

I wanted to ask him something else, but would he be mad at my question? He's so manic at times. "Why did you decide to marry me?"

He looked in front of him for a few seconds thinking about my question. He was contemplating his answer.

"You needed the help, I was ready to settle down, I like you, I'm attracted to you which is beyond me because I never go for woman like you and I'm at a point in my life where I need companionship. Besides, you're young. I'm no paedophile because you're far from a child, but I never knew that I like them young until I laid my eyes on you."

I grimaced at his passive-aggressive compliment. "So you point a gun at my throat then?" I asked with a little bit of sass.

"I get carried away at times. I keep a gun for protection that's it." He simply shrugged and downed the last contents of his whiskey in one go. He stood up and helped me stand up.

"That's enough talking for now, princess. It is our wedding night tonight so we don't want this time to go to waste right?" he said and looked at me fiercely while I tensed up.

"Right?" he urged

"Uhm.. right," I weakly let out.

He lifted me up and carried me upstairs bridal style to the master bedroom. It was already prepared for us. The lights were dim, a stand with a bucket of ice and some more champagne was next to the bed and a sweet vanilla scent adorned the room.

He placed me on the bed to sit and he kneeled down. He lifted my dress and took of my shoes, smiling when he saw I was wearing the diamond anklet he got me. "Look at your pretty feet," he enticingly said and placed a kiss where the anklet was.

He continued touching me going up slowly. He was simply feeling me. He got to the back of my dress and started touching my bare back sensually while kissing my neck. He was sucking and biting savagely but it surprisingly felt good.

"Alexander?"

"Hmm?" he answered and went to my collar bone.

"Are you going to... have sex with me tonight?" I honestly wasn't ready but I was scared to tell him.

He stopped nipping at my neck and looked at up at me brazenly. "Well it's pretty standard for a married couple to fuck on their wedding night."

I looked at him nervously. "I'm aware, but I'm not ready," I softly voiced out.

He looked at me with squinted eyes. "Is my wife really going to deny me a good lay? That too on my wedding night?"

I didn't know what to say. He was partially correct. It was my wifely duty to give him sex. "I know, but please be patient with me. Everything is happening so fast, I least of all expected to be a married woman at the end of the day," I said and played with my fingers as a distraction from his strong stare.

He stood up and pulled me up with him. He was masterful in his action because as soon as I stood up my entire dress fell to the floor. I gasped loudly because I didn't even have a bra on. My hands immediately went to shield my breasts from his sinful gaze.

All I could see in Alexander's teal eyes was unfiltered lust when I looked at him. I should probably just give in and get it over with. It's going to be a normal thing between us going forward so why should I wait?

"Are you on birth control, princess?"

I shook my head no.

He forced my hands away from my breasts and pulled me closer. His one hand going in the waistband of my panties just above my ass and his other circling my nipple. He lightly pecked me on my lips.

"In that case, you're lucky because then we will not fuck tonight." I instantly looked up him in curiosity but he put his head down and took my other nipple in his mouth.

The sensation made me melt and I felt slightly embarrassed that I was actually enjoying it.

"Wh-Why not?" I managed to get out.

He lifted his head and kissed me on my forehead, caressing my hair at the same time. "Because I am never in this lifetime going to fuck you with a condom and neither am I going to pull out."

He started unbuttoning his shirt. "Tomorrow we go get you some birth control. But for now, you're going to go and have a shower and I believe there is a matching garter belt to go with those panties so put that on for me when you're done. I'll sort out dinner in the meantime because there is going to be a lot of eating tonight."