Chapter 16

Rachel's POV

A lot of eating tonight

He definitely didn't mean that in the food sense. That much I'm sure of.

Does he mean that I also have to do what that Bethany girl did in the golf club? My nose scrunched up at that thought. Who does such intimate things in a public place? Do they have no shame? I rolled my eyes at that as I removed my makeup.

I had a quick shower and I didn't bother to wash my hair because I did so earlier. Stepping out of the shower, I searched through the cabinets looking for some body lotion. I opened the adjoining door in the bathroom and found that it was a his and her walk-in-closet with an inclusive vanity.

It was a pretty light pink colour accented with greys to match the more masculine side of the closet. I was pleased to find that it was already stocked with a good amount of clothes and toiletries. I generously lathered on the lotion and rubbed some lip balm on.

Opening a drawer, I found what Alexander demanded.

Lingerie

I couldn't find the exact same set, so I settled for another white set with a lace robe. I put the garter belt and contemplated if I should wear the attached stockings. I decided against it because it would simply prolong what was to come if he had to take his time to remove it and I just wanted to get it all over with.

I looked at myself in the mirror with a little bit of sorrow present in my eyes and started assessing my body from different angles.

If I just laid there and allowed him to do what he wanted, then I'd be fine right? He was going to give me the life I've always wanted so this is compensating him.

I was aware that I fitted the description of a gold digger and I purely married this man for his money, so this was the least I could do.

It's going to be fine. He's just going to touch you and then have sex with you. It's normal. Everybody does it.

I don't know why I was such a nervous wreck. I don't even have anybody to talk to about this stuff. I'm so clueless.

Breath in, breathe out. Everything will be fine.

The lace robe was so flimsy but I managed to tie it securely in place. I didn't wear any slippers because I didn't think Alexander would take it kindly to see something sexy ruined by something fluffy and cute.

Gradually I went downstairs, taking my time. I couldn't find Alexander anywhere but I did see that the dining room table was set for 2 with platters of food in the middle that I had never seen before in my entire life. There was a bottle of chilled red wine as well.

"Jock dropped this off. It's freshly prepared. I can't cook even if my life depended on it, but I expect that you know how to?" Alexander appeared from behind me and went to the table to pull out the chair for me.

I nodded. "Yes I can. I haven't experimented much, but I have a flair for it." Before I could take a seat, Alexander snaked his arms around me waist and untied the robe and took it off. He set it behind my chair neatly. Seems like he wants dinner with a view. I was just glad that it was a warm night.

He was also shirtless only wearing his usual sweatpants that hung dangerously low. I could see his thick tuft of hair leading down.

"I look forward to your cooking then," he said and started plating up for me.

I looked confused at the food. I'm sure it was delicious, but what the hell was it? It didn't really matter because I picked up my fork and we both started eating.

I was chewing rather slowly and not exactly enjoying it altogether because it was completely foreign.

"Is the duck not to your liking?" Alexander asked.

My eyes widened a bit. "This is duck? Its tastes a bit... orangey."

He laughed at me. "It's duck a l'orange, princess."

I thought I'd enjoy fancy food but I guess not. I'd still stick with McDonalds and Nando's.

"Here have some wine." He poured me a generous glass and handed it to me.

"Thank you, but I'm not one for drinking," I politely declined. The only alcohol I've ever had, was the champagne I had earlier.

"It accompanies the palette and pairs well with the food. Try it."

Hesitantly I took a sip and tasted. I nodded my head to him as I swallowed. "Yes, it's very good." No it's not. It tasted a bit bitter and strong. I'd stick with my Sprite.

Alexander got up and opened the fridge and walked back with another wine glass and wine bottle in hand. "You're such a terrible liar," he said with a smile. He poured the pink liquid in a glass and handed it to me. "Try this instead."

Again, hesitantly I took a sip but this was much more pleasant. Still a little bitter with the aftertaste, but much sweeter and lighter. "Okay, this is much better," I said with a little relieved and smile. I looked at the label of the bottle which spelled out Rosé.

"Your tastebuds are still young, princess. Young and impressionable like you are," he said a little forlorn, "I should start you off slowly before introducing you to the strong stuff."

We finished eating with small, mindless chatter here and there. When we were done, Alexander gathered the plates and took them to the kitchen.

I was enjoying my Rosé in the meantime. He sat back down and gave me a little box. "This is your wedding gift."

Eagerly I opened the box and found a gleaming dainty rose gold watch. I beamed at the sight of it. "It's so gorgeous, thank you." He took it out of the box and placed it on my wrist, admiring it. "Pretty hands too you've got," he said satisfied.

"I'm sorry," I began as a tinge of a blush came onto my cheeks. "I didn't get you anything."

"That's okay. I didn't expect you to get me anything," he said as his hands roamed along my thighs, teasing the waistband of my panties again. Unexpectedly he brought one hand to my face and he was going to kiss me but he was mere millimetres from carrying out the action.

"I'm going to kiss you and you'd better kiss me back this time," he said sternly leaving no room for argument.

I expected him to roughly kiss me, but I was astonished to find that he was restricting himself. His lips were so soft, a big contrast from every other attribute he had going on for him. He licked the seam of my lips and I parted for him, allowing him access. I followed his lead and placed my hands on his arms for support. I felt his hand go dangerously high on my inner thighs. A little bit more and he would be feeling me there.

He did eventually reach the heated area between my legs but I couldn't do it. I rapidly jerked back along with my chair and broke contact. "Alexander, no," I pleaded and put my robe back on.

I stood up and put some distance between us. I was waiting for his outburst and his temper tantrum. He was oddly calm staring at me, his fingers lightly tapping away on the table. I knew this look of his, it was the calm before the storm.

I was honestly afraid that he would take me upstairs and have me by force because he was a man capable of such. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Go wait for me in our room," he instructed in an even voice. I was waiting for his lashing, maybe even a slap or another gun pointed at my throat. I expected the worst as usual.

"Go wait in our fucking room, Rachel!" he instructed harshly and I all but ran upstairs.