Chapter 27

Alexander's POV 

She stopped moving when she realised that it was me carrying her. I yanked the back entrance door open and walked to my car. Again, I heard the sweet sound of Rachel's giggle.

"Oh, it's you," she said and laced her arms around my neck with a bright smile when I set her down on the ground.

"And you're completely wasted," I said and guided her into the car. Surprisingly she obliged quite easily and I made my way to the drivers seat.

She leaned her head back into the seat and began yapping away nonsense as I reversed. "Did you know that a giraffes tongue is 50cm long? And that the snow on Venus is metal?" she said and looked at me with wide eyes as if she couldn't believe it herself.

I glanced at her and continued driving letting her blabber whatever she wanted. Checking my rear view mirror, I was suspicious of a black SUV that was behind us. Looking closely I saw that all the windows were tinted and there was no number plate. I sped up a little but to my relief it took a left turn.

"... said that length matters but I prefer girth!"

Now that got my attention and I lopsidedly smiled at her childish antics. "You prefer girth?"

"Yes... Well no. Do you know what I really like? My husband has both but I like something else of his." She began taking out her high heels and getting comfortable.

"And what would that be?" I asked intrigued. She ignored me and leaned forward on the dashboard resting her head on it. I gently pushed her back into her seat and checked to see if her seatbelt was buckled which I'm glad it was.

"I'm starving!" she randomly exclaimed and her stomach rumbled at that exact timing.

I used this opportunity wisely. "I'll get you food, if you answer the question that I asked you."

She wiggled in her seat restless and now her dress was all the way up, exposing her panties that had the potential to kill me.

"What question?"

"You said you liked something else that your husband has. What is it?"

She looked up in deep thought for a minute until she regained her thought process. "Oh. Right."

She laughed some more and I was eager to know what she was talking about. However when I looked over I saw that she was passed out already.

I groaned at not getting an answer and pulled up in the driveway. I parked the car and went over to Rachel's side.

She seemed too far gone to wake up so I decided to carry her. As I was carrying her upstairs into our bedroom she suddenly woke up with a sour look on her face and immediately clutched her belly. I put her down and as soon as she regained her balance she sprinted to the bathroom.

I knew what was happening. It wouldn't be a night out without picking up trashy fast food after clubbing and then vomiting from the amount of alcohol ingested. I've had enough of those when I was in my early twenties. It was a shame that Rachel didn't get her pick at greasy junk food but it was for the best because I could hear her heave as she let out the contents of her stomach.

I was mindful to not get angry at her. She was after all still a very young, inexperienced woman with a crappy past. If this was a chance at normalcy for her, then by all means I would let her do as she pleased. Most importantly, I'd best not forget that I was 10 years her senior and she still had a lot to experience.

I heard the shower running and went to check on her in the bathroom. I opened the door to see her basking in the warm water, sobered up from letting the alcohol out. I fetched a towel for her and left it on the counter along with a loose nightdress for her to change into when she was done.