Chapter 38

Alexander's POV

I shut my eyes closed as soon as I opened it and thought that my skin was going to fry because of the scorching sun blazing down on me.

Placing my hand in front to block the sun from my face, I realised that I was still on the patio deck laying on my back. I seem to have passed out here.

"Fuck me," I cursed myself and tried to deal with the excruciating headache that was currently tormenting me. Next to me laid an empty bottle of scotch and I chided myself for my being weak unable to resist the temptation of alcohol.

I stood up extremely fast almost losing my balance at my scruffy state. I needed to clean myself up and fix everything.

Looking down at my watch I saw that it was 9am. I gulped down a glass of water and I went upstairs to see Rachel curled up on the edge of the bed wearing one of my t-shirts.

The bedside table was littered with tissues and her face was still puffy. I leaned against the door crossing my arms and simply observed her for a few moments.

Taking in her features, it made much more sense now. Her mother was a blonde yet she had dark luscious brown hair. Her Mediterranean skin tone always shone through and it was evident that she inherited all of her physical features from her Italian father. From Tomasso.

I sucked in a deep breath and went closer to the bed. I kneeled down beside her and softly moved her hair that covered her face.

She stirred in her sleep and woke up alarmed. Her big, beautiful eyes blinking rapidly.

"It's only me, princess. You're alright," I said as I rubbed her exposed thigh.

I leaned forward and placed a kiss on her lips and then her forehead. She scrunched up her face at me and lightly shoved me away.

"You stink, Alexander. You've been drinking again."

I cautiously nodded also belittling myself in my head for giving into temptation. "I did drink. I'm sorry," I said with disappointment directed at myself.

"I want to sleep some more. I'm still tired." Rachel looked at me unsure but then leaned forward and hugged me. It was a brief hug and then she turned to her side and snuggled up under the covers.

I tucked her in and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I swallowed a couple of aspirins and changed into some blue jeans with a brown sweatshirt ditching the formal clothes today.

Giving a sleeping Rachel a kiss on her cheek, I grabbed my car keys and left the house determined to make things right.

*  *  *

Spending a few hours at the office did me good. I was feeling way better. I scheduled an appointment with the best architect I knew to meet with me and Rachel soon in 2 days. I figured what we need was a fresh start. A new, clean slate to begin on.

I want to give Rachel her dream home wherever she desires it. We'll design and build a house together. While that's in progress we'll go out on a little trip for ourselves. I had David cancel all my meetings for the upcoming week and then later in the upcoming months, when Rachel gets another break from school, I'll take her on a real honeymoon.

Opening my safe, I rummaged through the last shelf for her diary. Finding the little leather clad book, I took it back to my desk and flipped through it for the millionth time.

My eyes wavered when I saw a picture of a family exchanging gifts on Christmas day. I couldn't give her that. I couldn't convince myself to give her children. How could I ever be a father? I didn't know the first thing when it came to a baby. They're so tiny, I'd never forgive myself if I lashed out at the tiny being in my fit of rage. I couldn't even hold a baby, I was sacred that I'd crush it. What did I know about loving another? The responsibility was way too much for me to handle. Thinking about it made me shudder.

I turned the page quickly and felt a sense of relief wash over me when I saw the things that I could give her. A beautiful house – Hamptons style, clothes, jewellery, vacations... all of that I could do.

I turned the page again and let out a little laugh at the picture in front of me. I placed the diary back in the safe and I shoved my car keys into my pocket walking out of the office heading to the mall.

*  *  *

I pulled up in the garage excited to see Rachel's reaction to the exact same pink roller-skates that were in her diary. I had the salesperson wrap it up in a fun polka dotted gift wrap.

I picked up the bouquet of flowers with my other hand and shut the car door. This was the least I could start with as an apology. 

Walking inside I called out to her, "Rachel?"

She wasn't anywhere downstairs or outside. I set the flowers and roller skates on the kitchen counter and called out to her again. Was she still asleep? It was past 2pm already.

"Princess? Where are you?" She had to be home since her car was still here.

I fished out my cell phone and called her. The ringtone was coming from upstairs. She'd usually be in the kitchen counter knitting or sewing or out by the pool at this time. It was practically her routine at this point.

Following the sound of the ringtone, it led me to our bedroom. The bed was neatly made and everything tidied up to her liking, just as she had done every morning. I couldn't see her phone, but I could hear it.

"Rachel?" I opened the walk in closet from where her phone ringtone was blaring and found it laying on the floor. I picked it up and cut the call. A weird feeling came over me.

I knocked on the bathroom door instead of just barging in because I didn't want to impose if she was having a moment. I softly knocked on the door for the second time when there was no answer.

"Princess, you in there?"

Still no response. I pushed the door open looking inside and immediately yanked it back shut hoping that my eyes were playing a trick on me.

I took a quick breath and opened the door again only to be greeted with the exact same horrendous sight.

Blood was everywhere.

Blood was on every cabinet, on every surface and even in the shower.

My shirt she had on this morning was dumped on the floor next to her bath robe and the pot plants that she added to the décor were all bust along with the gigantic mirror on the wall.

My phoned buzzed at that precise second and my notifications showed me 2 video messages had come through.

I tapped play on the first video and my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach watching me and Rachel fuck in the bathtub the other night.

The second video was of us in the shower, she was on her knees sucking me off and I felt sick knowing that someone else was watching us. From the way these videos were taken it was as if I was watching a fucking porno.

They had bugged the entire bathroom

More videos had started pouring in and I nearly have a heart attack. An influx of videos showing me and Rachel fucking by the pool, in our bedroom, in my study ,in the car, on the kitchen counter... they had every single moment captured. I felt sick to the pit of my stomach knowing that somebody was watching us all along.

Every single private, intimate moment between me and my wife was violated. They took her and other eyes had seen what was not meant for them and that had me furious. Absolutely, uncontrollably, dangerously, furious.