Chapter 19

Rachel's POV 

Alexander glanced at me with pitiful eyes but I wasn't having any of it. "No, don't you give me that look," I said sternly and swallowed hard.

"Why would you say such a thing?" I pressed on the matter.

We finally arrived home and Alexander drove up the driveway. He switched off the engine and took my hand in his.

"Remember that day when I took you picture in the mansion kitchen?"

"Yes?"

"I gave it to Liam. A friend and a private investigator. He ran some background checks, found out information about you." I yanked my hand away from his and looked in front of me slightly angry at him. He shouldn't have done that. I thought he was only joking.

"Then who was she?" I asked defeatedly.

He grabbed my hand again and held it firmly. "A random lady who decided to take you in. We couldn't find any relation to her that you had biologically."

A tear escaped my eyes but Alexander was quick to lean over and wipe it. He softly kissed my cheek and then my forehead.

"It's okay, princess. I'm here now. Your life won't be what it was. I'll make sure of it."

"So my mother just dumped me at some unknown lady's house?" I asked with a shaky voice. 

Alexander looked at me impassively. "Yes she did. I have information about your mother too... who she is, where she is, what she does..."

I shook my head no. "I don't want to hear anything about her. She is nothing to me. What about my father?"

"Your father...Well we don't know who he is. Only Carina does. But what we do know is that she got knocked up by a stranger in a club."

I just sat there for the next few minutes and Alexander sat with me. So grandma was a random lady who decided to take me in? I guess that explains our lack of a bond but I've decided that she would always be my grandmother no matter what. I would always hate Carina for everything she's done.

I composed myself and made a move to get out of the car so that Alexander could go and do what he had to. I gathered my bag and pills and before I could open the door I was pulled in a for a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Be ready for me tonight. I can't wait to fuck you," he said as he caressed my hair.

*  *  *

Mindlessly the whole day went by. My heart was a little heavy and I felt really sad.

When I got home, I cried for a bit. I wish I could thank grandma for all that she had done for me. Now I know why she always lashed out at me when I asked about my father. Even she had no clue. Carina was a real piece of shit for doing what she did and I never want to see her for as long as I live.

It was 10pm and Alexander called to say that he is on his way home. I prepared dinner earlier, experimenting a little because I had a lot of time. I made lasagna along with some bread pudding for dessert. I left a plate for Alexander in the oven.

I needed to shower and get ready for tonight. I wasn't exactly looking forward to it, but neither was I dreading it. Last night Alexander showed me that he wouldn't hurt me.

Just as I had finished cleaning the kitchen, huge hands cupped my ass from the back and squeezed. I shrieked in surprise. Turning around, Alexander kissed me deeply and I kissed him back. I was starting to warm up to him - only a little bit though.