Chapter 36

Alexander's POV

Glancing at the clock I saw that it was almost 1pm. That Villardi fuck would be walking into my office building any second now. I was shuffling everything on my desk and inside my drawers looking for the file on him. It had everything that I would discuss with that disgusting old man. Over the phone, David and him negotiated on a contract that would be beneficial to both of us. I couldn't speak to him without losing my temper so I had David take over.

I was informed that the last 3 mines I had purchased recently, were promised to be his by the multiple joint shareholders. To my good fortune they picked me instead. Undoubtedly they were some of the most profitable mines I had laid my eyes on. The clear potential and abundance they possessed would make me more rich. I had got lucky and Tomasso got bitter.

Listening to that twat of therapist along with my inner conscious and my beautiful, sweet Rachel, I was trying to be a better man and a better person. Hence I had decided to sell one of them off to Villardi at a reasonable price. It was better than nothing and the ethical thing to do since his name was first. 

Besides I didn't want to get lawyers involved. It would have been a very messy case and digging into my past, questioning my character... high profile cases drag out for years and every detail is left unscathed whether or not it's relating to the matter at hand. I couldn't afford for the authorities to dig up my past. 

I honestly deserved to wrench the man's neck for attacking my property and injuring my miners. Additionally, I'd also demand a hefty price from him to compensate those families apart from what I would provide. It won't bring them back their loved ones, but at least it would provide some leverage going forward. Lucky for him my insurance covered the vandalism.

"Okay where the fuck is it?" I growled out in anger throwing things around on my desk. I couldn't seem to find that file anywhere. What's the point of having this meeting without it?

"We were reviewing it last night in your living room. Did you remember to leave it in your study when we done?"

I stopped and pinched the bridge of my nose in realisation.

"You're such a fucking idiot," said Liam and continued to play with his rubik's cube. I was grateful for his presence here because I knew that I would kill Tomasso Villardi within 5 seconds of his arrival if Liam wasn't here to restrain me. It's happened before many times with multiple people.

I couldn't call Jock or Lev to get the file for me since they both were at different parts of the city doing their weekly inspection of my casino's and restaurants. Apart from them being my bodyguards, those boys were my all-rounders. David was swarmed with piles of work that I had dumped upon him yesterday since I had my own shit to deal with and practically neglected everything. It would take too long for me or Liam to drive home and drive all the way back here and make it in time.

Grabbing my phone from my pocket, a little gleam came over me when I saw my screen wallpaper. It was the same picture of Rachel and me in that little café when we matched outfits. Her presence so bright and lively.

"Hey you," Rachel answered warmly.

"Hi princess," I said as an involuntarily smile came across my face. "How's my girl doing today?"

"I'm great!" she beamed and I heard rustling in the background. "Sorry for the noise. I'm making baklava today. The phyllo pastry is so tricky, I'm on my second batch but it's going to be the best thing you ever tasted, I promise."

"I can't wait to try it, princess. But first will you do me a favour?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"There is a brown file on the living room coffee table where Liam and I were sitting last night. I really need it right now. Would you be able to bring it to the office building within 10 minutes please?"