Chapter 28

Rachel's POV

It's as if the ruthless and cold Alexander was back. Since the incident with my car, Alexander has decided to close himself off and he hasn't even touched me ever since. He refused to speak to me about the incident. I didn't think I was being needy but the pillow barrier was up again whenever we slept and I couldn't do anything about it.

It was around 11.30pm and I was so tired. School has been so draining as of lately. Tomorrow I had a practical assessment task due. Ornamentation was my favourite class because of the creativity it required. I had delicately created the design prints I wanted to engrave on a diamond necklace, but since it was only a mock up, cubic zirconia's were going to be used instead.

I was sitting by the kitchen counter finishing the final design. A few touch up's were needed for the 4 other designs I had produced. I took a deep breath and looked around me. The loneliness of the house was potent and it was awfully quiet. I didn't enjoy this part.

Alexander, as per usual, was cooked up in his study when he got back from his offices. He'd get to bed when I was asleep and eat all his meals without me. I knew he was avoiding me, but I didn't know why.

I placed all my designs in my folder and set it aside neatly. I needed a shower and then I'd be out like a light once I hit the bed. I bit my lip in anticipation thinking about whether or not I should visit Alexander in his study. I'm hoping he won't chase me away but he's been so irritable with everything and everyone.

I really missed him. Apart from being mean at times, he really had a warm side that was especially reserved for me. Deciding that I once again, didn't have much to lose, I went upstairs and softly knocked on his door waiting for him.

He opened the door roughly allowing me to enter. Meekly I stepped passed him and walked to his desk where he had his laptop opened and his bluetooth speaker on standby. He had a whole empty bottle of whiskey on his desk and looking over at him, he went to his cabinet to fetch another bottle.

"You didn't even eat dinner and you're on your second bottle of alcohol already?" I said and looked at his haggard appearance.

He paid no attention to what I had said and poured himself another glass of the gold liquid and took a seat. I sat down opposite him really thinking about how something must be troubling him.

"What do you need, Rachel?" he snapped and drank the liquid in one go.

I fidgeted with my fingers nervously. He has a tendency to make me nervous without even trying. "I'm just here to see how you're doing..." I whispered while looking at him concerned.

"Well as you can see I'm fucking great," he said hoarsely.

I looked at him with a bit of unease. He was being so rude and harsh. "Okay then, I'll shower and then I'll be going to bed."

I stood up and nearly made it to the door but I heard his deep sigh. He let out a breath and stood up. "Princess, come here," he said with a little more tenderness and a change of tone which I appreciated.

I turned around and stood in place looking at him with a bit of sadness. I couldn't help but think about whether or not I was still desirable to him. I was so lonely for these past few days when I was at home. He made me feel as if I didn't exist.

"Come here," he said once more and held his hand out.

I went to him and he immediately enveloped me into a warm hug. He held me tight, his face going in the crook if my neck and savouring me. I pulled away from him after some time but still had my hands around him.

"I know you've been stressed, but you don't have to treat me as if I'm some stranger or be an ass about it. Just know that I'd do anything to help you," I said in all seriousness and placed my palms on his chests looking up at him.