Chapter 5 - z, stares, and touches

Harry's POV
Morning classes go by slowly but once the bell rings signaling it's time for lunch I hurriedly get my things and put them away in my locker. Then I rush to Louis' hallway. When I get there he's already put his bag away and I see him chatting to Zayn Malik which is impressive considering I've known him since 6th grade and I've barely gotten a word out of him. Zayn must have said something funny because Louis looks like he's dying as he gasps for air. He's cute when he laughs. I notice the crinkles by his eyes as I get closer. Oh my god that's the cutest thing I've ever seen. That's a normal thought though, to have as a friend right?

"Hi Louis," I greet.

He turns to face me and I swear his eyes light up. What am I doing to myself? I shouldn't imagine those kinds of things.

"Harreh!" Louis giggles.

Okay, now that giggle is the cutest thing I've ever heard. How did he manage to do both in one day?

He startles me when he practically falls into a hug but I catch him and quickly reciprocate by wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Oops," he smiles up at me resting his chin on my chest.

"Hi," I smile back.

He eventually pulls away but stays close. Close enough for me to keep my arm around his waist and so I do. He doesn't pull away either and instead places his hand on my shoulder. Lets just pretend that his touch doesn't feel like fire against my clothed skin.

We're facing Zayn now who's smirking at us for some reason, "Hi Zayn," I finally greet with a smile still on my face.

He returns the gesture, "Harreh," he tries to mock Louis a bit but with less excitement.

I laugh as Louis pouts, "What're you two up to?" I ask.

Louis looks up at me and just stares into my eyes. I don't know what he's doing or what he's thinking but I'm completely lost in his. He looks away as if it's a way to regain focus.

"Zayn was just telling me about the time he told you there was a dead bird," Louis finally states, very vaguely I must say, and I can hear the grin on his face.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "Wha- oh!" I realize, "Oh wait no Zayn!"

Louis laughs, "You really looked up love?"

I avoid blushing at the name by huffing out a breath, "Yes. But you didn't have to tell him that Zayn," I whine.

"No Harry I had to! The lad wouldn't stop talking about you," Zayn explains.

Talking about me? I wonder what he said? All good things I hope. I look down at Louis to see a shy expression on his face. If I didn't know any better I'd say he looked embarrassed. Now I really wanna know what he said.

Zayn must have been reading the room or something because he soon says, "Well I've gotta get going so I'll see you guys," he starts to walk away.

"Oh wait!" Louis calls after, "Are you busy? Did you wanna have lunch with us? I mean if that's okay with you Harry?"

Is he asking me for permission? Why?

"Of course," I answer without hesitation.

From what I know about Zayn he's always been a bit of a loner. It's nice that Louis is able to get him to open up more.

Zayn smiles, "Yeah? Okay," he seems almost surprised but really pleased with the invitation, "I have to go put my things away but I'll meet you guys there."

"Sounds good," I say and wave goodbye as Zayn leaves.

I let go of Louis' waist and slip away from his grip on my shoulder to face him.

"How the hell have you been here one day and have already gotten Zayn to talk more than I have in six years?" I ask astounded.

He grins at me, "We took a smoke break together," he shrugs.

I nod but I must have been making a face because he asks, "Why what's wrong with that?" he sounds almost nervous.

I widen my eyes, "Nothing," I quickly say, "W-well I mean you shouldn't smoke Lou it's bad for you. Ah that rhymed!"

He chuckles, "I know it is and I don't do it that much so don't worry Harry. But it's sweet that you care," he gives me a soft smile.

His eyes are so hypnotizing and I can't help but get lost in them again. I honestly might start drowning in them pretty soon. He stares into mine as well and for a second I think his face inches closer. No! Stop thinking that!

I look away and clear my throat, "Well we should get going then."

"Yeah," he nods and avoids my eyes but I can still see the faintest bit of blush on his cheeks.

As we walk to the cafeteria we make small talk about school and how classes have been going so far. I laugh when Louis tells me he fell right asleep as soon as he sat down in his third period. I somewhat successfully ignore the stares other students are sending our way. They're used to "Scary Harry" but that's just because I'm fairly quiet at school and I guess I have a resting bitch face. I blame the hair.

Suddenly Louis sees a poster on the wall and runs over to it. I quicken my pace to see what all his commotion is about. I read a little of what he's so intensely staring at. It seems to be something about football tryouts.

"Harry why haven't you mentioned anything about this?" he turns to me pointing to the poster in his hands.

"I didn't know you were into football," I chuckle.

"Of course mate! I'm a massive football fan!"

I put my hands on his shoulders trying to calm him down and some could say I smiled fondly at him but it's up for interpretation, "You should tryout then."

"Yeah I think I will," he smiles, "Are you going to tryout?"

He gives me a hopeful look which is so hard to turn down but I shake my head and say, "Nah I'm not too good on my feet. I'm quite clumsy. Besides I'm more of a watcher of football anyways."

"But Hazza," he pouts giving me a puppy dog look.

Hazza? Is that my nickname? That's adorable. How can someone be this cute? Jeez I really am starting to lose it around Louis. He's been here one day and the boy already has me questioning everything.

"I can help you practice and get ready for tryouts," I offer.

"I guess that's better than nothing," he smiles, "That'd actually be a lot of fun."

I give him a dimpled smile, "Yeah and I can be your little cheerleader. I'll wear a skirt and everything," I joke.

I laugh at that last part but soon stop when I see Louis staring at me with wide eyes and an open mouth. His eyes look dark and his pupils seem huge. I wait for him to say something but he just continues to stare.

"Um I'd also be Niall's cheerleader too cause he's also trying out," I add somewhat awkwardly.

That seemed to get his attention, "Who's Niall?" he asked and he sounded jealous.

"My best mate," I raise my eyebrow at him confused by his reaction.

"Just a mate?" he presses on.

"Oh! Yes, yeah. Just a mate, yeah," I nod rapidly as more confirmation.

"Good," he smiles.

He grabs my wrists which weren't far considering my hands were still on his shoulders. He pulls me down so we're face to face.

"You're my cheerleader Haz. Only mine," he states and I can't tell if he's joking or not because his face and tone would say he's being deadly serious.

He lets go and turns to walk to the cafeteria leaving me a blushing mess. Oh god Louis, what are you doing to me?