Chapter 18 - the morning after

Harry's POV
     I wake up and feel something holding me. Then I remember that Louis is the one holding me super close to him. My heart instantly starts racing and I blush for no apparent reason. So last night wasn't a dream? Good to know. I move a little which only seems to cause Louis to grip me even tighter around the waist. I consider going back to sleep, because it feels so nice to be held by Louis like this, but I eventually decide against it.

I should probably get up before Louis does. This might have just been a one time thing to him. He might regret it when he wakes up, and me being in bed with him would not be good if that's the case.

I gently remove myself from Louis' arms and place a pillow in them instead. He doesn't stir at all so he must be a heavy sleeper. When I'm finally out of bed I look down at Louis.

He's so soft and beautiful. God I hope this wasn't a one time thing. I hope this meant as much to him as it meant to me. I brush his hair out of his face and kiss him lightly on the forehead. Sue me for trying to savour this moment.

I head to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I also check myself in the mirror really quickly. My hair is all over the place so I just brush it with my fingers and I'm still in Louis' clothes, of course, that are too big on him but small on me. I smile to myself before leaving the bathroom and making my way to the kitchen.

I start to fix two cups of tea for me and Louis before I hear a voice behind me, "Can you make me one as well?"

I jump a bit at the voice and I hear them chuckle. I turn around to see a woman that has to be Louis' mum. All I can do is nod at her and smile before getting another mug out for her.

"You must be Harry," she says coming over and smiling at me.

I nod, "Yes, it's nice to meet you Mrs. Tomlinson," I greet and hold out my hand.

She ignores my hand and pulls me into a hug, "Oh please, call me Jay," she says while pulling away, "So, Harry, you stayed the night?"

I blush, "Yes Mrs.- I mean Jay. I hope that's alright. It was dark out and so I just slept over," I explain with my head down.

I become really focused on making this tea as an effort to hide my nervousness. This is Louis' mum I have to get it together. Put on some charm and make a good impression. Come on Harry, you got this!

She chuckles, "That's quite alright love," she pauses, "Louis' very fond of you," she smiles and watches my reaction.

I meet her eyes and quickly look away, "I'm very fond of him too," I say in a quiet voice.

"Well that's good. Anyways Harry, tell me about yourself. Louis talks about you a lot so I might already know the basics."

Louis talks about me? A lot?

I blush and shoot her a dimpled smile, "What would you like to know?"

She gives me a look as if she's pondering the question, "Tell me a dream you have? An ambition maybe?"

I think for a little bit before answering, "Well when I was younger I wanted to audition for the X-factor," I laugh, "But I got cold feet and never went for it."

Her eyes widen, "My boobear wanted to audition for that as well. He says he forgot and accidentally overslept but I think he was just too nervous," she frowns a bit at the thought.

Boobear? That's adorable. I'll have to use that sometime. Also Louis almost auditioned for X-factor! I'll definitely have to ask him about that later.

"Small world," I smile and hand her her cup of tea.

"Thank you love," she smiles back at me and takes a sip, "Yorkshire?"