Chapter 8 - plans and louis' big bum

Harry's POV
     School proceeds like normal. I get the usual unnecessary looks and most people avoid me like the plague. However, this time I'm not too fazed by it because this time I have Louis.

He's really been able to brighten my day and I just hope I did the same for him. I showed him to all of his afternoon classes. We talked a lot about our families, hobbies, and just the basic getting to know each other stuff. Louis really is such a fun person like he could make the dullest things the most exciting. I really like when someone can do that. I think it has a lot to do with a person's comfort level around others, and honestly, I feel so comfortable around Louis it's like I've known him for years.

I'm currently walking Louis to the football field because there's some kind of interest meeting today. He insisted that I walk him there because he "didn't know where to go" and he "would get lost causing him to miss the interest meeting and never be able to play football again all because I didn't walk with him," he's quite dramatic I've found. So I insisted that we get there at least five minutes early just to ensure he wouldn't be late which, for some reason, he made a huge fuss about.

"Harry we already passed this right?" Louis asks gesturing to the bulletin board on the wall.

"Uh maybe?" I answer not really sure.

"Hazza are you lost?" Louis laughs.

"No," I state, "I'm just not used to going to the football field," I rub the back of my neck timidly.

"But you'll be going a lot more right?" Louis presses obviously hinting at something.

"Lou if you're trying to ask if I'll be going to your games than yes, of course I'll be going," I assure him.

He beams at that but it quickly falls, "That's only if I get on," he frowns.

"Louis don't say things like that. You have to stay positive and I know for a fact you'll get on. And you know why I know that?"

"Why?" he smiles.

"Because you'll have me and Niall to practice with and we're quite the team," I wink at him which causes him to laugh.

"Thanks Harry, I really appreciate that. I'll make sure to go to you for pep talks too," he grins as I laugh.

"I'll be holding you to that," I inform, "But anyways let's not dwell on that right now, we should talk about our plan." I change the subject.

"And that is?" he raises an eyebrow.

"When am I going to show you around Holmes Chapel?" I smile.

"Oh! I'm not sure. I think next Friday would work for me," he replies.

"Next Friday sounds good, but you better not go around Holmes until then," I point at him seriously.

Louis chuckles, "I'll try my best Haz."

We finally reach the field after about ten minutes of looking but hey, we're still early so I call that a win. Louis turns to face me with a small smile.

"I know this might be a long shot but would you stay with me for the meeting?" he blushes.

My heart melts. Aww, he wants me to stay? Why me though? Is it just because I'm here? I mean he did practically force me to come even though I would have very much begged him to let me tag along if he didn't force me. I guess I shouldn't think too much of it. I frown a bit at my thoughts but it quickly goes away when I see Louis. He looks so sweet and nervous. He's playing with his fingers and everything. Oh god I want to stay so bad but I can't. I don't want to let down Louis though. It's so hard to say no to him, especially when he's looking like that.

"I wish I could Lou, I really do. But I have work today so I can't. I'm sorry," I give him an apologetic look.

"It's alright," he looks down and then right back up at me, "I didn't know you had a job."

I give him a proud smile, "I work in a bakery," I beam.

His somewhat sad expression immediately softens. He looks at me with fondness? No, that can't be right.

"Of course you do," he grins, "that's adorable."

I blush, "Um thanks. I- uh you too."

I mentally face palm. "You too" what the hell? I literally just did a combination of the two. I stuttered way more than necessary and yet I still kept no filter. I'm really hoping this isn't a constant thing.

"What?" Louis looks at me confused but also amused.

"You're adorable too," I quickly say and than move on, "Anyways the place I work at is called Barbara's Bakery, you should stop by sometime."

"Would it be cool if I stopped by after this meeting?" he asks with a trace of blush still noticeable on his face.

"Yes!" I nod right away and way too fast so I clear my throat, "Yes, that would be very cool."

Before Louis can answer we hear a familiar voice yell, "Tomlinson!" we turn towards the voice to see it's Niall, "Get your big bum on the field we're gonna be late!"

Late? But I made sure we got here early. Dammit. It's like whenever it's just me and Louis time ceases to exist.

"Oi no one talks about my bum like that Niel," Louis lectures Niall.

"Everyone talks about your bum like that Lewis. Haven't you heard? One of your names around here is "the big bum'd new kid,"' Niall laughs.

What the hell. Are people really talking about Louis like that? I feel my blood start to boil. Well that's new. What is this feeling?

"Shut up Niall, they are not! I know you came up with that name yourself," Louis chuckles pushing Niall a bit and I chuckle as well.

Niall puts up his hands in surrender, "Alright you caught me."

"Well I'm sorry to tell you this Niall, but you have to stop. Not just anyone can talk about my bum," Louis jokes.

Niall raises his eyebrows at Louis as if he knows something I don't. Although it was kind of hard to pick up on these things because I was too busy thinking about Louis' bum. In a heterosexual way of course. I mean they brought it up so I'm not off the current conversation topic. He does have quite a big bum for such a small boy, or for any boy actually. I'll admit I've looked a few times but it's purely out of envy. It's definitely nothing more than that.

Louis coughs which brings me back, "Shouldn't we get going Niall?"

"What? Why? I'm enjoying this little talk," Niall whines.

"Let's go!" Louis starts pushing Niall along who continues to drag his feet.

"Bye Harry!" Niall yells as he starts to walk by himself without the assistance of Louis.

Louis looks back at me before deciding to jog back over, "I'll see you in a bit," he smiles bouncing on his toes.

"Yes, I'll text you the address," - we exchanged phone numbers earlier today - "Now go Louis! You're going to be late!" I lightly shove him in the direction of the field.

"Better than five minutes early," Louis winks and I just roll my eyes, "Okay, okay I'm going. Bye Hazza."

He gives me one last smile before he's running to the field. His ass jiggles when he runs - don't ask me how I know that - and so I have to look away quickly before anything happens. Not that anything would, but- anyways it's bakery time.