Chapter 13 - playing family

Harry's POV
In the car Louis said he wanted me to choose the music. So, in a very subtle way I played mostly Surf Curse and Gus Dapperton but only their love songs. I don't know if Louis picked up on the common theme but he said he liked the music so maybe that's something. We talked about random shit the whole time, it was nice.

"What was your first concert?" Louis asks as I park in front of his flat.

I unbuckle my seat belt and turn off the car, "My first concert was Nickelback," I smile.

Louis rolls his eyes, "Well look how cool I am," he says moving his head side to side, "Don't you win the prize of coolness."

I turn to face him slapping my knee, "It was actually Cascada, I just didn't wanna say that one."

He raises his eyebrows and tilts his head, "Okay," he smirks.

"It was good ass concert too," I insist.

Louis is so sassy, it's insane.

"I'm sure it was Harold," he smiles at me and unbuckles his seatbelt.

"It was!" I say desperately but than I notice Louis is making his way for the door, "Wait!" I yell.

I rush out of the car but this time I make sure I don't almost fall on my face. I make it to Louis' door and open it for him.

He giggles, "What a gentleman."

"Always," I give him a dimpled smile and a bow.

He laughs, "I should be doing this for you princess."

"Nonsense! You were a guest in my car and I'll treat you like royalty," I say holding my arm out for him to grab.

He gives me a big smile and gladly hooks his arm with mine before we make our way to his door. I know I'm being very self indulgent but- yeah I don't really know how to defend that.

"Oh Harry! I forgot to tell you," he suddenly says turning to me once we reach the door, "I have to cancel our plans for next Friday. I really wanted to go but my mum asked me to stay and babysit my siblings," he frowns at me.

Louis has four sisters so I bet he has his work cut out for him. I really wanted to hang out with him though and maybe pretend it's a date but we don't have to talk about that.

"Is there anything I can do? You know, to help?" I ask trying to offer any assistance I can.

Louis' eyes light up and he grabs both my hands. A shock occurs when he holds mine in his but that just causes me to grip his hands tighter. He gives me a huge grin. He really is the sun isn't he?

"Harry! Are you suggesting that you help me babysit next week on Friday?" he asks with a hopeful expression.

I snort, "I wasn't," I say by accident and his face falls, "But I will! I love kids and I'm sure your siblings are great! I would love to help you Louis, that sounds like fun!" I add hurriedly.

That wasn't exactly what I was thinking but that's much better than what I had in mind. Looks like me and Louis are gonna be playing family soon, that's so cute. I love domestic shit like that.

He lights up again, "Yes Hazza! You're the best!"

He jumps into my arms and grips my neck tightly. The force of the hug causes me to stubble backwards but luckily the wall catches me and I wrap my arms around his waist. He loosens his grip around my neck a little bit only to look at me. He looks like the definition of happy. Like if I were to look it up a picture of Louis would show.

"This'll be so much fun Hazza," he says softly and I just smile and nod, "We'll be like daddies."

Oh. That's not how I put it but I guess that's true.

I blush and stare at him, frozen, as he smirks at me. We're so close together, I can feel Louis' breath against my face. My heart is hammering against my rib cage and I think I can feel Louis' as well. It's beating really fast if that is his. It must be the coffee from earlier and not the fact that we're so close I could just lean down and kiss him right now. Why did I just think that? Now all I'll be able to do is think about kissing Louis.

His smirk quickly falls as he stares into my eyes. He glances down at my lips and then back up to my eyes. I gulp. Why did he do that? He pulls away from my still tight grip and gives me a small smile.

"See you tomorrow then," he says shifting around on his feet.

I clear my throat, "Yeah," is all I can get out.

He gives me another small smile before going inside leaving me standing there dumbfounded. I finally get into my car and drive home with only one thing on my mind. Was he about to kiss me?

- :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :)

These past few days have been quite eye opening for me. I've decided that, no, Louis was not going to kiss me. It's obvious he doesn't like me like that. I mean he's flirty and touchy with literally everyone so I'm nothing special. But that doesn't stop me from getting jealous.

On Monday Niall merely mentioned that him and Louis hung out for football and I was fuming. Me and Louis didn't see each other at all over the weekend and I really missed him. We did call each other every night although it wasn't the same as seeing him, it was a good alternative. Then Niall says he found a picture of them together with some other man they met and Louis said, "that is so romantic Niall." Like... romantic?! I was about to throw hands. Instead I just stared at the ground and picked at the fabric of my jeans. I think Zayn noticed but he didn't say anything.

I haven't even told my friends about the fact that I'm not straight - I'm still not sure what to call myself - or the fact that I have a big crush on Louis, I told my parents though minus the crush on Louis part. They were very proud of me and told me I was brave and they loved me no matter what. It was really sweet and I may or may not have cried. But anyways with the way my friends act I wouldn't be surprised if they knew already. I mean there would be no other reason for them to make relationship comments at me and Louis everyday if they didn't know, right? The comments always seem to make Louis uncomfortable, or that's at least the way I see it. Louis and I are still attached at the hip though so he must not think much of the comments.

We literally spend as much time together as possible. We've developed a routine where Louis gets us coffee or tea in the morning - I've tried to give him my own money to pay for it but he always refuses, but I still try everyday anyways - then we meet up early at school and just hang out in the morning together. Once school starts I always walk Louis to his classes even if that means I'm a little late for mine, we have lunch with Niall, Liam, and Zayn, and after school I drive Louis home or sometimes I take him to the bakery with me when I have work. It's really nice, but each moment I spend with Louis my crush grows so much more. It's been less than two weeks and we're already all over each other. I have to constantly remind myself that Louis is like this with everyone and he's just being his friendly self. Also that I don't even know his sexuality so I can't really think any more of his actions than purely friendship and mutual respect. No matter how much I wish and want it to be more.