Chapter 7 - laddy lads

Harry's POV
Niall finally settled down enough to tell everyone that he can play the guitar. Everyone was thoroughly impressed by that. We talked a lot about music and Niall insisted on us becoming a band. We all just laughed it off not taking it seriously but we agreed to hang out at Niall's for "band practice" at some point. We talked about a lot more too and just got to know each other which was really nice. Zayn had to leave first because he was meeting up with his girlfriend, Gigi, before lunch ends. I got up to throw away our stuff with Liam leaving Louis and Niall to talk.

"Hey Harry," Liam says before I turn to go back to our table.

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to say thank you," I furrow my eyebrows in confusion but he continues, "Louis' an outgoing lad for sure but sometimes it takes a while for him to open up. I know he was really nervous about moving and starting at a new school his senior year but than he met you and you've made it so much easier for him. I think the fact that he was able to get YOU out of all people to talk to him really gave him a confidence boost and he told me he's had a really great day because of you. So thank you a lot mate for what you've done for Louis today," Liam finishes and pats me on the arm.

"Oh my god Liam of course! Louis is an absolute joy to be around and I'm so lucky to have met him today." I quickly reply because it's all true.

I am really lucky to have met Louis and it's all because I overslept. I know I still don't know him that well but I'm going to change that. What I do know is that this boy is changing me.

Liam gives me a big smile, "I'm so glad you feel that way," I smile back and nod, "If I'm being honest I didn't really expect you to be this friendly," Liam nervously chuckles.

"Well he didn't exactly catch me at my best but it's hard not to warm up to Louis," I laugh.

"That's very true," Liam agrees and laughs a little, "Louis and I actually did not get on at all when we first met. I was a little too serious for my own good and Louis just isn't even though he's older than me. But anyways it was like you said, I eventually warmed up to him."

I smile, "You two are definitely like brothers."

Liam snorts, "And you two are like a newly wed couple except you just met," Liam rolls his eyes playfully.

He starts to walk away leaving me to think about what he just said, "Wait what do you mean?" I call out.

"You'll realize eventually," he waves his hand dismissively as he continues to walk back to our table.

Newly wed couple? Huh.

I ignore the comment for now and walk to the table to find Niall and Louis laughing their asses off. I glance over to Liam who just shrugs.

"Louis you can't be serious! You were only in your boxers?" Niall laughs out to which Louis nods eagerly, "What did you do then? Did you talk to her?"

"No! I closed the door and ran away!" Louis laughs throwing his head back.

He sees me standing behind him with his head still upside down. His eyes seem to light up but maybe that was just mine.

"Harry!" he reaches his arms out and makes grab hands at me.

I chuckle and step forward not really knowing what he wants. When I'm close enough he wraps his arms around my middle and lifts his head back up. He folds his fingers together and places his hands on my back pulling me closer. Than he leans his head against my stomach near my chest. I blush profusely. I don't know how Louis can be so comfortable touching people like this. Especially since we're both guys and he's probably straight. Well- I don't know maybe he's not but that's only a small chance. I can't be that lucky. I'm just joking, ObViOuSlY. I don't really know where to place my hands in this position considering how random it is so I just fold them together and place them on Louis' head, which he doesn't seem to mind. So soft. I have to physically restrain myself from playing with his hair. But it's so, so soft.

Niall's laughter dies down and he asks, "Did you lads know how fucking funny Louis is?" he wipes a little tear by his eye.

Liam nods, "I'm aware."

"I'm not," I joke.

"Hey!" Louis turns his head up to me, "I'm funny! I swear I'll charm your socks off Harold."

"I bet you could charm more than that off," Liam comments.

My head shoots up to see Liam looking fairly smug and pleased with himself. My face heats up as Niall laughs his ass off again. Out of instinct - newfound instinct I must add, I look down to hide my blush forgetting that Louis is beneath me. He's still staring up at me curiously as if he was watching my reaction and taking some mental notes. That just makes me blush even more. I'm a bloody mess.

Niall somewhat saves me, "You guys are too much," he says still laughing, "We really must hang out more."

Louis finally looks away from me and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in, "And we will Niall but we can't do "band practice" until after football tryouts."

"Oh right! We should practice some time this weekend together," Niall suggests and Louis nods at that

"You two are trying out for the footie team?" Liam asks.

I follow their conversation thoroughly which is why I think I forget to physically force myself to not touch Louis' hair. I start to slowly weave my fingers into his hair massaging his scalp lightly. He hums softly and leans into my touch. I can see his eyes close and feel his body relax for a second before he's suddenly letting go of his grip on me and sitting up causing my hands to fall to my sides. Maybe he's not as comfortable with this stuff as I thought.

"Yes we are," Niall states proudly, "Speaking of which, Liam come with me to sign up before lunch ends."

Niall gets up and starts to exit the cafeteria leading the way for Liam to follow.

"Sign me up too!" Louis yells to which Niall looks back to send him a thumbs up and a smile.

Louis chuckles, "I like Niall, he's a fun lad," he says turning around in his seat to face me.

"I told him you two would probably get on," I smile.

"And you get on with Liam and Zayn?" Louis asks.

"Of course! They're proper lads," I say, "It's cool that we're already like a bunch of laddy lads," I gesture with wide arms.

Louis nods, "Yeah just lads doing lads things cause lads are cool," Louis agrees in a confusing way.

I laugh, "Yes exactly like that."

"Well come on than lad," Louis smiles and stands up, "you've got to show me where the rest of my classes are."

He looks like he wants to grab my arm but he decides against it I guess. Fine. I'll just hold my own arm than. Then I remember something from earlier. A thought crosses my mind and I just have to follow through with it.

"I think I prefer baby," I say as we start walking to our classes.

Louis looks at me surprised with his eyebrows raised. I just give him a sweet smile. Louis' gotten me flustered way too many times today and so this is just pay back. Just when I think I've got him, he smirks at me and pulls me down so my ear is facing him.

"That can be arranged, baby," he whispers.

His words send shivers down my spine which he definitely noticed. Well that fucking backfired.