Chapter 21

I woke up when the rays of sunshine breamed my eyes. I opened my eyes and quickly closed them scrunching my face. After a few seconds, I opened them again, letting my pupils adapt to the light. Propping up an elbow, I look around my surroundings. Silence everywhere, no sign of Cruz, except our clothes which signified what happened last night.

I sighed, last night took a toll on me.

"Good morning love," I heard Cruz's hoarse voice. I turned my head towards him. He came to me carrying breakfast in a trolley. Cruz bent down and lightly pecked my lips.

"Morning," I mumbled, my voice hoarse from crying last night.

"How are you feeling?" concern laced through his voice.

"Better," I replied softly, half lying. I did feel better than I felt last night after our activities, however, I was not completely ok. Cruz quirked up an eyebrow, but he did not say anything. He might have seen that I did not want to talk about last night.

My stomach grumbled. I hide my embarrassment through my hair. Laughing, he pecked my lips before telling me to come to the balcony.

I get up from the bed, my feet touched the cold marble tiles. I grabbed Cruz's white blouse shirt and buttoned it leaving the first two opened.

I stopped at the balcony door, crisscrossed my arms. Leaning against the door, I watched Cruz arrange the table with food. There was something so sexy about it. His muscles flexing over his naked upper body. I watched him for a couple of minutes before I cleared my throat.

He gave the most charming smile which made me smile in return. Cruz held out his hand, I grabbed it. My smile never wavered off. I sat on my seat and we ate our breakfast or more likely brunch silently. The sound of the waves accompanying us. It felt peaceful, I was happy.

After breakfast, Cruz put on a vest. I did not change, I did not want to, I felt comfortable in his shirt.

I looked outside in the car, this time Cruz did not put his hand on my thighs. He grabbed my hand and laid it down on my lap. I looked at him and smiled softly at his simple action. I turned around looking at the beautiful country.

"Where are we?" I asked when he cut off the engine at the port far away from the entry door. He rushed to my side, opening the door.

"I figured you were not really in the mood." He picked me up bridal style.

"So we are getting in through another door." He finished, carrying me through it. I laced my hands around his neck.

It amazes me how much he seemed to have known me in such a little amount of time. I watch him as he carried me. I was someone who hated being touched, I was scared of people touching me before he came into my life. Any male before, I would keep distance between us. However, when I'm with him, all I ever wanted was for him to touch me.

He unlocked the door to my room on the cruise and laid me down carefully on the bed.

"I'll prepare a bath for us," Cruz mumbled. I only hummed.

"Come on." He again picked me up and went to the bathroom. Cruz put me on the sink and unbuttoned the shirt I was wearing. I did not say anything. I let him took care of me.

We both got into the warm water. His front to my back. My sore muscles and tense body eased. I close my eyes and relaxed against him. That was exactly what I needed.

I felt Cruz trace his fingers lightly against my skin. I smiled softly. This moment here was perfect. No of us had to say anything, we did not have to. There was something in this silence of ours.