Chapter 32

Cruz's POV

"Calm down, brother," Ace said taking small sips of scotch.

"Shut the fuck up, Ace," I growled.

I paced around the room, running my hands through my hair, frustrated with myself. how could I have let this happen. I should have told her but no I had to be a coward. I did not want to lose her but now I have lost her forever.

I walked over to the bar and grabbed the expensive scotch bottle. I chugged a few sips and closed my eyes for a moment.

"fuck," I screamed when my only thought was of her.

"You should have told her," Ace mumbled slouching on the sofa.

"You think I did not know that," I shouted.

"In my defence I tried calling you, you wouldn't pick up," he shrugged.

"From a burner phone Ace, and see what happened," I yelled.

"Still, mum took my phone so I had to get another one plus she threatened my future children." Ace defended himself. I laughed a little thinking about mum. she was so lovely to Veronica. I was sure my love felt overwhelmed.

"Do you love her?" Ace questioned. I turned mu head around to look at him.

"Why is that even a question?" I asked stupidly. gosh, I'm obsessed with that woman, I can never get enough go her. Love is something too little for what I feel for her. I felt like the worst human being for making her feel whatever she was feeling right now

"Then you know what you have to do, brother, you changed for her." Ace said.

Veronica's POV

I sat on the balcony, my head rested on my knees which I hugged. I stared at the stars. The chilly breeze kissing my skin, yet I felt nothing. My head felt like it weighted a thousand pounds. My dead heart screaming, yet it felt numb.

Everything inside me felt dead, they were screaming in pain, yelling yet nothing was able to soothe them. Cruz gave me everything in this little moment we spent together and snatched everything.

I knew it was going to end but not like that. I thought it would ended with the most beautiful moment of my life. I knew I would have to leave but not like that. I stopped the tears from coming out of my eyes. I couldn't let them. I haven't cried in forever, and I was not going to cry over something that was ought to end.

That's what I have been trying to tell myself at least. I still did not hate him, I could not, something in that didn't feel right.

Knocks on my door brought me out of my thoughts. Gathering myself, I got up and opened the door only to wish I did not.

"Hi, we could not meet earlier, so I thought of dropping here, I'm Candice." The model looking like woman said.

"Hi, Veronica." I introduced myself, moving a little away to allow her inside. She looked around the room, her eyes landing on my completed painting, the one cruz made for me. Candice did not say anything nor did I. If she knew that her fiancé painted and he painted me naked. our affair would be out. it might have been selfish of me not to tell her, but I did not want to ruin a relationship.

Guilt ate me up as she sat on the chaise lounge, placing a hand on her stomach. On every surface of this suite, I helped cheated with her fiancé. I cleared my throat.

"Mrs Walker, Diana, told me you are a friend of Cruz's." she started, eyeing my neck. friend? I almost scoffed.

"Um, yeah, we met during a dinner," I lied. I was good at making people believe in my lie, manipulating them. Heck, I even got paid for it. Candice smiled nicely.

"So, I thought of inviting you to our engagement party tomorrow evening," As if the whole world was against me was not enough, now I have been invited to the man I had been sleeping with engagement party, by her fiancée. fuck, why do I do things that I do.

Candice handed me the silver card, before getting up. "I would love your presence." she smiled sweetly before leaving. I screamed after she left. Could I be anymore fucked up. I ran my hands through my hair.

There was no point in dwelling now, the only thing I could do was to suck it up and go to that party. I took my phone and dialled the only person I know would be able to make me the dress in such short amount of time.

"Hey, sweetheart," came in her voice sweetly.

"Hey D, I need a dress but I don't know how much skin I want to show," I said.

"oh honey I got you, when do you need it?" she asked with what I can only assume her smirking a little.

"Tomorrow evening and I'm on a cruise." I said sheepishly biting my lips.

"Veronica, you are gonna kill me but I'll make you the perfect revenge dress." I could feel her mind already thinking of the design. Leave it to Donatella Versace to make me the revenge dress. I mean why not, I have the body, so why not flaunt it. And if princess Diana had a revenge dress, why couldn't I. I could look good then cry later.

I looked around my room to find something to smoke or drink and found nothing. I sighed. why did I not have bad habits. I questioned myself. I really needed to get a drink with all the things that happened today.

I quickly changed into an exposed outfit before leaving my room. usually I was not someone who drank, heck I did not even drink before I came to this cruise. Then overnight my life turned around 360 degrees, so I thought I did deserve to let loose a little bit.

-

"One more," I said to the bartender. My vision getting blurry with every drink.

"Drinking away to your single life or sorrows," came a voice that I might know. I turned around to the source and saw Adam.

"Single life?" I asked confusedly, pouting. Adam pointed to my ring finger, I looked down and scoffed when I saw the ring Cruz gave me earlier on my ring finger.

"Bastard," I mumbled under my breath.

"Is he the one that took you away the other day?" Adam asked, making himself comfortable on the seat next to me.

"Yes, he gave me that and an hour later I was introduced to his fiancée." I said sadly, feeling my heart crumbling into tiny little pieces.

"Well, he is a piece of shit to have lost such a gem, he has absolutely no idea what he lost," Adam comforted.

"You don't even know me, Adam," I said sadly.

"That's true but I can see you," I flinched away a little when he caressed my shoulder.

"Have you gotten any joint?" I asked.

"Wo wo, let's get you back to your room," Adam put his hands in the air.

we walked towards my room, Adam held me so that I did not fall. I slumped against him.

"Veronica," a painful voice came. I lifted my head to see a disheveled Cruz watching me and Adam.

"Go away, Cruz, you have done enough," I opened my door.

"Listen to me," Cruz pleaded.

"You have a fiancée waiting for you," I scoffed. 

"I guess, I will see you around," Adam scratched his head nervously and left.

"Veronica I-" I shut the door on his face. I slumped down and let the waterworks began. I cried until I felt the taste of bile on my tongue. I hurriedly got up and empty my stomach in the toilet.

only this time cruz was not here to hold my hair. I became a crying mess again. I felt my heart break into million of pieces and pricking me. I could not do anything. I stayed like that until I felt numb.

Slowly I got up, curled myself into a ball on bed, letting the tears down silently. I felt like an empty shell, like there was a hole inside me. no matter what I did or think of nothing was helping. I could only feel my pillow getting wetter.

Tomorrow was going to be a better day. I made myself believed that tomorrow no one is going to know what happened. Brand new day, a brand new Veronica, only this time colder.