Chapter 1

I sat at the bar and drank the burning liquid that was in those small glasses one by one. It burned my throat, but it had not enough feeling to it, making me want more with each shot that I took. The music was loud enough to drown my thoughts.

Neons colored lights were all around the dance floor. Everywhere was dimly lighted not showing too much but enough to give the place a nice sexy glow to it. It gave the place a mysterious vibe in a good way.

There were many people on board. Some were lounging on the sofa either chatting with each other or flirting. Others were busy drinking and smoking cigars, some were blowing out the smoke of the Shisha, and if you looked closely you would see a group sniffing some coke. There were a few girls laughing at what their partners were saying. And the rest were dancing, grinding on their partner's body.

I have been sitting here for the past half an hour drinking away my life problems. To say I was a lawyer, a divorce attorney more precisely. I guess it was karma, for preparing so many divorce papers. I wasn't even that drunk, maybe a little tipsy.

What's the best way to escape problems? Not going home right? Or even taking the longest way home, that was what I decided.

"Can I have some more of these, please?"

I always need to be the perfect daughter, but tonight I'm curving the rules a little bit.

"Of course, darling" the bartender nodded. And went back to making the drink whose name I have forgotten about. I could hear the sounds of ice and other things. Then shaking the metal bottle back and forth. He then poured the gorgeous liquid into those tiny little glasses.

"Your tab has already been set, Honey," He said as he handed me the drink

I looked at him confusedly.

"The gentleman over there" he smiled at me and pointed toward a man across the table.

I look over at the end of the long glass bar table. I couldn't see his face but he sure was wearing a tuxedo. A tuxedo?? Who wears one on a cruise? But then again it was for the higher class people. One where people with deep pockets would come when they do not want paparazzi trailing them.

He looks really tall compared to my height. I saw him approaching me. I watched as he walked to me. He had a devilishly handsome grin on his face.

I bite my lips unknowingly, not breaking eye contact.

"Don't you think you drank too much of that thing already?" I heard his voice before I could see him completely. My eyes followed as his long fingers pointed towards my shot glasses. His long fingers wrapped around a glass of what I would have guessed would be scotch neat. I could definitely be wrong.

His gaze was intense taking every bit of me slowly and slowly.

I wondered what could the fingers do.  Just thinking about it made me shift a little bit on the bar stool. I thought he might not see it. His lips curved up in a little smirk confirming my doubt, He knew he had an effect on me.

Oh fuck, get your composure, Veronica. You have a boyfriend for fuck's sake. less than two minutes since he walked in and you are already imagining what his fingers could do to you. I scolded myself. But at the end of the day, my boyfriend was not good in bed. I never really enjoyed having sex with him.

"Observant, are we?" I asked once I could get myself straight.

He chuckles, "I have been watching you for the past half an hour ever since you walked in here" he stated.

His heavy sexy British accent rolled out of his mouth. He had a handsome face. Nice pair of brown eyes, not too big or too small, but intense? Yes! He also had a little subtle beard which I like on a man. Dark not too long but not too short either hair.  He could easily be one of the most gorgeous humans I ever laid eyes on.