17 The phone cal

Part 17 The phone Call

In the meanwhile

Aman reached Dev's place. He decided how to get information from Dev. He is rowdy after all. Aman saw a few men sitting under a tree. Aman came to them. The men looked at him suspiciously.

*May I meet Dev? * Aman asked.

They looked at one another.

*Why do you want to meet him? * a man asked.

Aman guessed that he must be Dev. And yes, he was Dev.

*I don't know anyone in this town. I need help from you. Arnav was the one who told me about Dev when I spoke to him* Aman said.

Hearing Arnav's name, their faces bloomed which was not gone unnoticed by Aman.

*Which Arnav? * Buvan asked to get confirmed.

*Arnav Singh Raizada... we are friends. He said his belongings are with you as you are the one who vacated the hotel room. He asked me to bring it when I come back to Delhi*

Dev came to him.

*I'm Dev... what can I do for you, sir? We will do anything for Arnav sir's friend gladly* Dev shook hands with Aman.

*Shall I get a rental house in Lucknow? * Aman asked them.

*Why not, Sir? I will find a good house for you...the house will be on your level...* Dev said.

*It's fine if it is an apartment. * Aman said.

*Ok, sir...*

Dev turned towards his men.

*Buvan, ask Bheem to come here*

*Ok...* Buvan called Bheem who was a house broker and asked him to come here.

*Where are you staying in, Sir? * Dev asked Aman.

*In Star hotel*

*Did you eat anything? * Dev asked.

Aman nodded no.

*Let's go, sir...have something until Bheem comes* Dev said.

Aman wondered. He heard something about Dev. He is rowdy but he is showing extreme respect towards him. No doubt, it's because of Arnav. But Aman had no idea what happened between them.

Dev got him to a hotel that was in Arnav's standard. Aman wanted to ask about Arnav's whereabouts but Dev may get suspicious of him.

*Actually, I'm searching for a house for my friend. He got married last week and also got a transfer to Lucknow. They eloped from their house and hiding in a secret place. That's why I came here on the behalf of to search for a house* Aman created a story.

*Oh...*

*Being his friend, I should help him, right? * Aman tried to get something from Dev.

*Of course, yes, sir...*

*But, Arnav need no one's help. He himself will do what he wants* Aman smiled.

Dev laughed heartedly.

*You are absolutely right, sir* he agreed to him.

*He is always like that...* Aman said expecting him to tell him about Arnav.

*Do you know how casually he lifted Khushi madam on his shoulder the day when he abducted her from her house and take her to Delhi? * Dev spilled the beans finally.