hospital and bullshit

Izuku woke up in the hospital in a hospital gown with an oxygen mask over his face and a cast on his right wrist.

He immediatly panicked, the heart monitor beating quickly. Aizawa woke from his yellow sleeping bag next to him. He slipped out of it to comfort the frantic boy.

(I hate writing hospital scenes damn can we just skip to the good stuff already 🙄) (2023 A/N damn I was in crisis bc my attitude was terrible when I wrote this so happy I am now medicated)

"Midoriya. I'm here kid. Breathe, you're safe now." Aizawa said, "it's just me."

Izuku nodded, swallowing back tears and wiping his face with his palm. He noticed an IV wrapped to it. He took a shaky breath.

"Can I touch you?" Aizawa asked. Midoriya nodded slowly after a moment. Aizawa pulled him into a hug.

Izuku sat there, shocked. Aizawa didn't let go. After a minute he erupted into sobs. He wrapped his arm around Aizawa as well.

"I- I'm sorry I didn't t-tell you." He stuttered out through sobs and hiccups, "I- I didn't know what he- he would do to me if i- I told someone."

"It's okay." Aizawa said, "I understand. I'm sorry you had to go through that and that I didn't get you out of that situation."

The only response he got was more sobbing.

"So what's gonna happen to me now.." Izuku asked after a while. They had separated their hug and Deku had calmed down.

"Well you'll probably be sent to live with your mom if she's found to be a suitable guardian. But we'll worry about that later." Aizawa said.

Izuku was silent at the thought, his eyes tired as he zoned out. He didn't look well. He was rubbing the hickeys on his neck absentmindedly.

"Hey what's on your mind." Aizawa asked, eyeing the marks suspiciously, making note to ask about it when he got the chance. He wasn't going to judge him for what he did with his free time, but he had a feeling that wasn't it.

"My mom doesn't... Hurt me. Physically. She's just mean." He said, but what he was really thinking about was her boyfriend. Who wasn't nice.

Brody wasn't nice at all.

"Well nothing is decided yet. For now you're with me alright?" Aizawa said, "how do you feel about a snack?"

Izuku shrugged, "I don't know." He mumbled. "Does something hurt?" Aizawa asked.

"Stomach kinda. On the outside and the inside." Izuku said. Aizawa nodded slowly, "should we get a nurse to come take a look?"

The boy looked nervous.

"The nurses are here to help kid, they won't do anything bad and I'll be here the whole time." Aizawa said, "it's worth a check if it hurts."

Izuku nodded, "mkay."

Aizawa hit the call nurse button on the bed and a nurse was with them in under a minute.

The nice lady peeked her head in the door, "hey guys everything okay in here?"

Aizawa looked at Midoriya to see if he was going to talk. Seeing he wasn't going to say a word he spoke up instead, "he said his stomach is hurting."

The nurse nodded, "okay. Shall we take a look?"

Izuku shrugged, messing with his neck nervously. He didn't want anyone to ask about it. The nurse seemed to pick up on that, but the marks and the motions did not go unnoticed.

"We'll get you into some real clothes after this. These hospital gowns are pretty flimsy." She said as she untied the back, "sound good?"

The lady was kind, he nodded with a small smile.