another one

Izuku woke up hours later, plugged into tubes of all sizes and colors. He felt dizzy.

He looked around to see worried faces all around him. Blurry. Unfocused. He reached up to rub his face, finding a plastic mask stuck to his face instead. His limp hand had an IV firmly stuck in him.

He exhaled sharply, feeling pains in his stomach. He looked over to see Aizawa, giving him a weak smile. Aizawa smiled back. Izuku took another deep breath. He felt cramped with all these wires restraining his movement.

He couldn't help but think of when he was strapped to the bed. He cringed. Trying not to let everything come back.

He kept trying to take deep breaths, but his head was spinning with memories. He tried to sit up, he felt so trapped. It was like tunnel vision.

If he could sit up.

He just needed to sit up.

He couldn't sit up.

He brought his moveable hand over his eyes, tears catching in his throat.

"Bud?" He heard. It was Aizawa. He didn't know how long he had been calling him.

"What do you need?" The teacher asked.

"Sit up." Izuku squeaked out. The tubes in his stomach made it hard to do anything. The most Aizawa could do was move up his bed.

It helped, barely.

"Talk to me. What's going on? What are you feeling?" Aizawa asked. Izuku cleared his throat, "I feel panicked, scared."

Aizawa nodded, "do you wanna talk about why?"

"I feel trapped again. Like I can't move off this bed-" he was interupted by a sob, "like I'm back on that bed again where I can't get away and- and-" he kept crying.

"Okay. You're safe here, you're still in the hospital." Aizawa said, "he isn't here anymore. Let's do 54321."

Izuku nodded breathlessly, holding up his good hand.

"5 things I can see." He hiccuped, "Mr aizawa, the IV pole, the oxygen mask, my hand, a chair."

"Deep breaths kid." Aizawa said, "now four things you can touch."

Izuku counted off four things, "the bed, the wires, myself, the side of the bed." He said.

After the rest of the exercise, and one deep breath he was feeling significantly calmer. Aizawa was next to him, he was safe. Now he wanted to know why there were tubes in his stomach, why he was monitored so heavily he could barely move.

"What happened to me?" He asked.

Aizawa shook his head, "to keep it short, when you came in they basically had to reconstruct your whole digestive and upper respiratory system. They ended up changing you back to eating normally too fast, your stomach wasn't completely healed and essentially began to fall apart again.

"Did they fix it?" He asked dreadfully.

"Hopefully."

---

He was cleared.

Everything was fine, until weeks later. He was back in school by then.

He was going to come to school, even though he wasn't feeling well. Not at all. He was nauseous and there was something wrong with his stomach. He could feel it. It hurt.

He had fill intention to go and tell Aizawa.

But before he could leave his dorm he gagged. He ran to the bathroom and heaved over the sink. What he saw was mortifying.