angst maybe fluff?? nah nah. I didn't write it lol

((not me rereading heartstopper for the 7th time. Gosh I love it sm))

Izuku woke up completely disoriented, he shot up, looking around. His arms were heavily casted. He hadn't had the stamina to heal them completely. Only he knew why.

His fight or flight had returned, his mindset from before he passed out on the way to the hospital returning. The beeping of his heart monitor was making his ears ring.

He was breathing heavily as he looked around the room. He recognized that he was in the hospital, it just took him a few minutes to remember how he got there.

As soon as he remembered everything, he stopped worrying about himself and started worrying about everyone else.

He knew Iida was fine, he had gone to get heroes. Was Mr. Aizawa okay? Was All Might okay? Was he gonna get yelled at when he got home for not being careful? For making extra bills?

He felt his heart pounding and his eyes watering. What was he gonna be in trouble for this time.

"Kid."

He couldn't get out of his own head. He shut his eyes, trying to block his thoughts out. He was gonna think about something else now. Something else.

"Kid."

Anything else.

"Kid."

Izuku looked over, his eyes watery. It was Mr. Aizawa. His face was wrapped from being slammed into the ground and his arm was in a sling but he was there.

Izuku smiled and his eyes teared up, "you're okay!" He said in shaky relief, "I'm so glad you're okay."

He tried to move his arms to give him a hug, but flinched in pain as his shoulder wasn't going to cooperate. Aizawa couldn't help but give a small smile as he used his good arm to hug the boy.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Izuku whispered, tears dripping down his softly freckled cheeks.

"I'm glad you're okay too kid." Aizawa said softly, "what were you mumbling about just then. You doin okay?"

He didn't know he had been mumbling, "i-" he considered telling the truth for a moment, but he knew his mom and Brody could be here already, "I'm fine. All good, kinda tired actually."

"Yeah, recovery girl said you didn't have enough stamina to heal all the way. Everything went down yesterday." Aizawa said, "you gotta make sure your taking care of yourself."

Izuku just nodded, "yeah. Sorry." Aizawa ruffled the boys hair, "recovery girl will be here soon to finish healing you up. Then you'll go home and take the day off and the weekend and then come back Monday."

"Crazy how life just moves on." Izuku said to himself. Aizawa looked at him with a glimmer of understanding in his dry-ass eyes, (how's that shit even shining damn??.)  he knew he wasn't just referring to this incident.

"I'll see you later problem child. Heal up well." Aizawa said before exiting the room.

Later Recovery Girl came in and soon after his mom and Brody showed up. He went home free of injuries.

He got shouted at in the car for making hospital bills that they would have to pay for, though she had been told specifically that the school was covering everything money-wise after the incident.

He didn't say anything. He knew she knew. He knew she wanted to fight. To argue. So she let him belittle him and yell.

He tried not to let it get to him.

It was hard. It was really hard.

•••

The day passed slowly. Brody being creepy. His mom yelling and picking on him for every little thing he did.