speedrun this chapter

Around 6 hours later Aizawa woke up to harsh breathing. He had been napping in his yellow sleeping bag.

He blinked awake, immediately realizing the pained look plastered on Izuku's face. He hobbled over and shook him slightly, speaking up.

He was trying to pull him out of his nightmare. To wake him up.

And he did.

Izuku blinked his eyes open, breathing fast. He opened his mouth to try to say something, but nothing came out. He felt terrified.

"Hey. You're safe now. You're with me at the hospital." Aizawa said. Izuku tried to push himself up as his breathing grew out of control.

"Hey. Look at me. Breath, everything's alright." Aizawa said calmly. Aizawa let his hand motions visualize his own calm breathing for Izuku to try and match.

"Mr. Aizawa I can't." He said. He was so close, but he completely lost control. His breathing became irratic and tears started to stream from his eyes, "I don't wanna go back." He said.

"You aren't. I'm not leaving your side." Aizawa said, "you aren't going back. That man is in prison now, he can't hurt you."

"And momma is-" he stuttered, getting closer to sobs by the minute. The full force of the situation was finally hitting him.

He took a ragged breath, "she's gone and I don't have anywhere to go." He said.

"Am I gonna have to go back with Brody?" He sobbed, "I don't wanna go back with Brody." He was sobbing hysterically.

He stuck his hands over his head and tucked his knees to his chest. Aizawa sat on the bed next to him, "can I hug you?" He asked. Izuku nodded through sobs as Mr. Aizawa pulled him into a tight hug.

He cried into his shoulder. Aizawa could tell he was terrified for what was to come.

"We aren't going to let you go back." Aizawa said, "you aren't ever going back with them."

"Am I gonna be put in foster care?" He sobbed. Aizawa didn't answer at first. Izuku hated that reality. He didn't want new parents. He didn't want his old parents. Both of them were horrible.

They sat in silence for a while and Izuku's sobs quieted.

"I'm not letting you go into foster care. You won't be put in better care there." Aizawa said, breaking the silence. Izuku's head was still buried in Aizawa's shoulder.

"Where will i go then?" He asked.

"I don't know, but we'll figure it out." Aizawa said. Izuku didn't like being tossed around in the hands of adults.

Izuku stayed in the hospital for a few more days. They needed to get a psychologist in to get to get Deku the help he needed.

The next morning. And I mean early early, like 4am. Izuku woke up from a nightmare with a stomach ache.

Aizawa was by his side, and it started with just cramps. Horrible horrible cramps.

He was sobbing and a nurse was by his side as well. Izuku felt himself gag and he leaned over the side of his bed to vomit.

The nurse rushed to the other side, concerned at what could be happening. Izuku sobbed, still leaning over the edge of the bed. The grotesque liquid was dripping down his chin.

He heaved again as a large wave of cramps passed over his stomach. Another nurse came in the room with a doctor, who started directing nurses here and there.

Izuku sat himself up, "I'm ok. It doesn't hurt as much anymore. Please don't touch me." He mumbled.

But the nurses fussed with his IV anyways. Aizawa watched as the boy shut down.

One of the nurses was cleaning up the mess while another tapped Aizawa's shoulder and asked to talk to him out in the hall.

Izuku looked at him, scared that he was gonna leave.

"Hey, I'll be right back, I promise." Aizawa said as he walked out. The kid looked close to tears.

"What is it?" Aizawa asked.

"We are concerned that this could be a result of his sexual abuse" The nurse said, "we always try to let the guardians know and keep them up to date when the situation is safe for it. HIV is the most common case here."

Aizawa felt his heart sink, "okay. He'll be okay right?"

The nurse nodded, "yeah, he'll be alright. If that is what this ends up being, we've cought it before it gets to the point of no return. But his stomach could be overly sensitive after eating a whole meal for the first time in a week."

Aizawa nodded nervously. This could be life-changing for the kid. Izuku had drawn back from socializing. He looked like he could be sick again.

Aizawa went and sat down next to him, "hey, hey bud what's wrong?" He asked.

Izuku looked over with teary eyes, "I didn't wanna be alone. I didn't want you to never come back." He forced a smile.

"Do you want a hug?" Aizawa asked. Izuku nodded.

Aizawa pulled the boy in. Izuku hugged him back. Mr. Aizawa was the closest thing to a good father figure he had ever had. He found comfort in his presence. He felt safe around him.

"I didn't want them to touch me." He said through tears, "but they did. They took a cheek swab thing. Am I sick?" He asked.

"Maybe. You'll be okay kiddo." Aizawa said. Izuku smiled, "thanks for being here."

Aizawa couldn't help but smile back.

Through the rest of that day everything was fine, the test came back negative, and they started easing him back onto food rather than making him eat ah whole meal after not wanting to eat, or eating for a week.

He was released back to UA a few days later. Izuku wasn't going to classes yet, Aizawa was staying back and helping him readjust. He had a new dorm room on the ground floor, nextdoor to Aizawa so he was close bye in case of emergency.

In case he had a nightmare. In case he felt scared or unsafe. Just to be there to help when he needed it.

And it's a good thing he was.

•••
That's all that's the end of the chapter. I'm gonna cry now gn