no

Aizawa listened as Izuku fought for his life. The pain in his eyes was excruciating, but he knew it wasn't worse than the things that kid, his student. The one he was supposed to protect had just endured.

He heard Mic wheezing next to him, tears were streaming down the tall man's face. Another hero was sitting with them, trying to help them manage their pain until someone else could get there to help.

Aizawa's head was throbbing, the pain from his eyes beginning to spread to his sinuses, affecting his jaw, teeth, cheeks, ears, and neck. A pain that came in throbbing waves was making him painfully dizzy.

He resisted a groan of pain, holding tears in his throat. Midoriya was fighting for his life. He didn't feel he was worth having his own problems when he had failed to help someone who had needed him. It was almost a form of self harm, letting himself suffer silently.

Mic noticed the slight bob in his boyfriend's Adam apple, he knew he was trying not to cry. He knew he felt guilty, like he was to blame for all of this.

The tall man pulled Aizawa into a hug. He heard the man begin sobbing in his arms. Mic rubbed his back and heald him close.

"It's all my fault." Aizawa whispered. The tears were making his eyes burn. Mic shook his head, "you can't blame yourself. He needs you. He doesn't blame you, you couldn't have known. You did something the second you saw something was wrong." Mic comforted. Aizawa kept sobbing, gripping the man's coat.

He felt Mic tap his shoulder, "shouta, there's someone here to help." He wheezed.

Aizawa sat up, his eyes closed as he wiped the tears that had leaked out of his eyelids off his face.

"Can you open your eyes?" The voice asked. He tried, hissing in pain.

"Okay, I'm gonna have you lean against the wall." The voice said, it was a female. The voice was comforting, Mic was holding his hand.

"I'm gonna use my quirk to fix your eyes up." She said, "the only symptom will me small aches in your eyes, it'll be wierd but the side effects should be gone in a few days." She said as she cupped her hands over his eyes.

He felt the pain decrease and the swelling go down. He blinked his eyes open.

He looked over at Mic was was receiving help for his chest, he was grimacing in pain. Aizawa squeezed the man's hand, looking over as Izuku was transferred out by medical staff. He looked far from comfortable, even in his unconscious state he had a pained look plastered on his face.

He took a deep breath.

This was all his fault. It was all his fault.

It was all his fault. He could've prevented all of this.  He was disgusted with himself. He wasn't a good enough hero and now the boy, his boy, his student, the kid he cared about like a son, was suffering. He was going through things he wouldn't have had to go through if he had just been better. If he would've done something else.

Noticed sooner.

Something.

Anything.

Instead of choking on the tears he was holding in he swallowed them down and bottled it in. He pushed himself up while Mic was finishing being healed and walked over to the group of officers.

Something.

Anything.

He walked back to Mic, telling him to meet him in his car and that they were driving to the hospital together.

Anything.

Anything at all.

He unlocked his car and hopped in the driver's seat. He gripped the steering wheel, tapping his foot agitatedly, he knuckles white. Thoughts racing through his head.