Chapter 1

Jungwon's POV

Another day passes by and summer's about to end. As much as I hate going to school, I have to study for my mom. It's just the two of us since my dad left us for another woman.

Few weeks left and I am a freshman already. My mom works 24/7 and her salary isn't enough to pay my tuition fee. That's why I did my best to apply for a scholarship. I'm just waiting for the university's call to know if I got one.

"Jungwon-ah! I'm leaving. I already cooked your favorite." I heard my mom's lovely voice.

"You cooked curry?!" I screamed and rushed my way to go downstairs. I ran to hug her before she leaves.

"Yes, honey. Eat well, okay?" She said and kissed me on the head.

After eating, I started doing the dishes but my phone suddenly rang. It's the university! Please give me a good news.

"Hello, Student Yang Jungwon?"

"Yes, Ma'am. It is me. Did I get the scholarship?!"

"Good news. You did and it's a full scholarship grant from one of the biggest company stakeholder of our university! Congratulations!"

"Really?! Thank you so much! Are there any further requirements?"

"The president of the company wants to personally meet you after seeing your grades. We'll wait for you tomorrow at the meeting room. Okay?"

"Okay, ma'am. Thanks a lot!"

Yessssss! This is such a good news. I'm tearing up because I can finally go to college without worrying about my tuition fee. I know we are not financially stable that's why I need to study hard for our future.

— the next day —

I got here at the university as early as possible. Don't wanna be late. I'm kinda nervous to meet the President of the Company. Wait, which company is it?

"Jungwon, come inside already." Ms. Kim said which made me more nervous.

"Greetings, Sir." I immediately bowed to greet the person behind my scholarship.

"I can see in your face that you're nervous, son. Don't be. I'm nice. I'm James Park the President of PJS Group of companies." His smile is so bright and made me more relaxed. "Have a seat." he added.

I giggled a bit and sat down beside him.

"I saw your grades and I knew already you are a good student. That's why I am willing to pay for your tuition. With that, I'd like to congratulate you." He offered his hand for a handshake and I accepted it with so much joy.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Park. I'll study harder!" I stood up and bowed again.

"I know, Jungwon. However, can I ask you a favor?" He said.

Woah. The president of a very rich company is asking me a favor? Am I dreaming?"

"Sure, Sir. Anything!"

"I want you to be my son's tutor."

"Oh. No problem, Sir. I can do that!" I don't know why but I felt excited. Does this mean I'll have a friend already?

"That's not all. I know this is too much to ask but I hope you could be his assistant during school hours. I know he is in his 2nd year but I can't see him doing well in his studies. His grades are passed just because I am a stakeholder of this university. Can you do that?"

"Of course. It's my pleasure and this will be my way to thank you for granting me scholarship. This is a huge help to me and my mom." I thanked him for the last time.