Chapter 27

Jungwon's POV

The next day, I woke up feeling tired in my room. Yes, after the pool party, I went home because I still have an appointment at the hospital. I feel dizzy early in the morning so I tried to sleep more thinking it will be gone but here I am, still in pain.

Yesterday was fun. Being with our friends as we celebrate our fifth month together just made it better. I looked at my diary and saw the last one on my bucket list. "Soon, Jay. Soon." I whispered. I also noticed that we already watched six sunsets together. I draw a line to count the days and this just made so happy. Eight more sunsets, my love.

I know I have brain tumor and it's already a cancer. Each day, my body gets weaker and weaker. The doctor already told me about what to expect during these days and honestly, I felt them since the start of college but then again, I'll fight this. I'm strong.

"But what if the day comes and I'll leave everyone?" This thought came to my mind as I blankly stare at my diary. I turned the pages until I find the last page of the diary and started writing all the things I have always wanted to say for Jay—you know, just in case.

After writing my nonsense, I heard my phone's notification and saw a message from my boyfriend. Which made me sad to be honest.

I totally understand him and it's just a day, nothing to worry about

I totally understand him and it's just a day, nothing to worry about. I'm just sad I thought we'll watch 14 sunsets straight.

"Jungwon-ah! Are you ready?" I heard mom from the outside.

"Yes! I'm coming~" I replied. I hope when we get there, there are no more tumor in my brain. As I leave my room, I felt everything was like moving around me and it's turning black. My head felt like as if it's being squeezed. I tried grabbing the knob of my door to keep my balance but I can't handle this anymore. Suddenly, everything went fully black.

— at the hospital : seventh sunset —

"He needs chemotherapy, Mrs. Yang. Your son's condition severely got worse compared to the last time you came. I'm afraid if he won't be treated, you won't get to be with him for a long time." I heard the doctor talk to my mom. After everything went black, the next thing I knew is I am laying here in the hospital. I did not yet open my eyes but tried listening to what the doctor has to say.

"Okay, doc. Please do everything for my son." said by my mom and I heard her cry her heart out. I feel sorry she has to suffer like this. Now that I'll receive the therapy, she has to work twice harder to be able to pay our bills.

"We will. Do not worry." The doctor said and left already.

"M-Mom..." I said and my mom rushed to give me a hug. "Please, don't cry. I'm still here." I tried to lift the mood up by making her laugh and luckily, she did.

"I'm just worried about you, Wonie. I can't afford to lose you. You have to be strong and fight, okay? I'll work harder for you so just be strong for Mom." She said and kissed my forehead.

"I will, mom. I will."

Moments later the door opened and to my surprise, it was Jay.

He's stood at the door and seems like he froze as he saw me lying on the hospital bed. My mom understood the situation and left us for awhile. Jay slowly walked towards me. He's trying so hard to stop his tears from falling.

"W-What happened?" his voice cracked and he now let his emotions take over. He cried harder than when I knew I had this sickness LOL.

"I have brain tumor..." I said not minding what would be the consequences of it with out relationship because I realized I should be honest with him.

"Since when?" He asked and held my hands. I felt comfort from what he did. I'm happy he's not mad at me.

"I knew it since the beginning of my freshman days." I answered.

"And you just told me now? Why? Is this why you always forget things lately? Is this why you always have headaches? Is this why—"

"Yes, love. I'm sorry." I uttered.

"You should've told me this in the first place! Won, this is a serious matter. I hate to break it you but I feel like I'm a useless boyfriend."

What he said totally broke my heart.

"I didn't mean to, Jay. I did not mean to make you feel this way. I just don't want you to worry." I explained.

"I will always worry about you. The thing is we could've done something to at least prevent you from suffering." He exclaimed. "And now you're here. What am I suppose to feel? Not worried? Jungwon, I freaking left everything to my dad when your mom told me about you being hospitalized!" he raised his voice and I totally get where he's coming from.

"I'm sorry." My tears also ran out of my eyes. I am really hurting inside because of my own situation.

"I'm not mad at you, baby. I just don't want to lose you. I can't..."

"Don't worry, Jay. You won't. I'm here. Stop crying please?" I said and saw him wipe his tears. I looked at the the clock here inside the room and saw that it is time already. "Can you open the curtains?" I asked my boyfriend.

Jay nodded and did what I asked. He split the curtains and we saw our seventh sunset together.

It was beautiful

It was beautiful. The feeling was beautiful. It made my heart full. Watching sunsets really calm me and watching them with the love of my life just makes everything perfect.

Jay went back beside me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"We'll go through this together, Wonie." He said.

I only smiled at him and looked at the window again to see the beauty of the sunset outside.

"The sunset is beautiful, isn't it?" I uttered as I feel the warmth of his hand which holds mine.

— end of chapter 27 —