Chapter 25

Another day and Jungwon's mom decided to bring him to the hospital because she just got her salary.

"Jungwon-ah, are you ready?" his mom asked.

Jungwon rushed and went outside because he didn't want to be late with their appointment. They just rode the bus and then a taxi to reach the hospital.

"Are you nervous?" His mom asked.

"Not really. I'm doing well, mom."

The boy shortly replied and went back to listening to music with his earphones. He's staring at the window and tried to calm himself because even if he said he's okay, deep inside he knows he isn't and will never be.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital, the doctor assessed Jungwon and his condition. He did all the check ups needed and talked to his mother privately while Jungwon remained inside the room.

"Mrs. Yang, is your son doing well with his physical activities especially in school?" The doctor asked Jungwon's mom.

"Yes, in fact, he never shows any signs of weakness even until today."

"Well, his body says the opposite. The tumor cells in his brain are on the fourth grade already and that just means they incurable. They actively spread and unfortunately, they are malignant which means they are cancerous."

"Is there anything we can do, Doc? Please don't tell me something bad will happen to him."

"I can't predict life expectancy but I just know we can reduce the size of the tumors and slow down it's growth rate but I can't promise you his life. Right now, his body will start to get weak and will experience all the worst symptoms of his illness. The best option is for him to undergo chemotherapy because a surgery won't be safe for him."

Jungwon's mom cried and fell on knees after hearing what the doctor said.

"I'll explain everything to your son. I'll leave you for now."

— at Jungwon's house —

Jungwon just let himself fall into his bed as soon as they got home. He sent messages to his boyfriend, Jay, hoping he's already awake by this time of the day.

Jungwon then took a bath and fixed himself right after

Jungwon then took a bath and fixed himself right after. He took his lip stain product to cover up his pale lips. He wore his usual clothes and patiently waited for Jay to arrive.

Moments after, he heard his mom greet someone and immediately knew it was Jay. Jungwon went outside to greet his boyfriend but was stopped when he heard his mom talking to Jay.

"The reason why I let you and Jungwon be together is because that will make him happy. Please, take good care of my son. I love you both so much and you're like a son to me as well, Jay. I couldn't thank you enough for showering my baby with love." his mom told Jay.