Chapter 11

tw // violence & words

"... after all, I'm just your tutor."

Jungwon then walked closer to Jay.

"Yes, Jay. I am just your tutor. We live in two opposite words. So I don't get why you're acting like that."

"Can you stop treating yourself like that?! I told you I never saw you as my tutor. You're my friend. You're an important person in my life, Jungwon!"

Jay kneeled in front of him again—begging and crying.

"Can you at least give me a chance to prove my love for you? You made me a better person, Wonnie. From the moment we met, I knew you're different. Please, give me a chance."

"I'm happy you've changed, Jay. I wish you don't go back to your old self. You're so much better now. Don't get into fights and finish your tasks on time. I'm sorry if I can't give you the chance you want. I already plan to say 'yes' to Heeseung."

Jay cried hard...

Never in his life did he cry so hard like this. He often changes his girlfriends but never got a heartbreak. Jungwon is the only person he cried for.

Jungwon went down to level with Jay who is still on his knees. The younger caressed Jay's face using his hands and wiped the tears falling down from his eyes. "I'm sorry if we can only be like this." Jungwon uttered.

Jay hugged him tight again and this time, Jungwon cried as well. He quickly broke the hug and stood up. "Don't worry, I can still be your friend. We'll still study together. Okay?"

Jay felt so resentful that time. His heart fell into pieces with just words. Words that stabbed harder than a sword.

Jungwon left Jay who's still kneeling on the ground. His tears fell down again as soon as he walked away. He knew to himself Jay is really in love with him. In fact, they feel the same way for each other. However, Jungwon can't be with Jay and it's for the sake of the two of them.

— flashback —

*Jungwon's phone rings*

"Oh! Who's this caller?" Jungwon said as an unknown number popped up from his phone. "Hello?" he said.

"I know you're still at the university. Meet me now at the Garden near the Medicine Department."

"Who are you first? Why would I meet with a stranger?" Jungwon replied with a sassy tone.

"I'll wait." The caller ended the call.

Jungwon scratched his head as he felt stress with that call. "Where did that person even get my number?" He asked to himself.

Jungwon walked to the said place and was surprised to see a familiar face.

"See? You know me."

"A-Arin..."

A loud tap sound became prominent in their place. A sound of a hand that hit a face. Arin slapped Jungwon hard to the point Jungwon's cheeks turned red.

"You are such a slut!"

and Jungwon received a slap again.

"Do you think I don't know what you're trying to do, you poor ass bitch?!"

Arin slapped him again. At that time, Jungwon felt so small. She's right, he's just a nobody compared to her.

"Jay and I broke up because of you! I don't even know what he saw in you! Urgh!"

Jungwon just accepted all of Arin's slaps and cried. He can't fight back knowing Arin's family shares a lot of money for the university.

"Stay away from Jay or I'll tell his Dad what you are trying to do!"

"What are you saying? If the two of you broke up, that's none of my business! I'm just teaching him!"

"Don't even try to lie! You are such a gold-digger! Don't worry, I'll tell the whole university about this and let's see if you can still study here! You fought the wrong person! Stay away from Jay because if his Dad finds out that Jay fell in love with a guy, he'll send him back to America." Arin said and poured her iced coffee on Jungwon's head causing his uniform to get stains.

— end of flashback —

Jungwon is still crying after leaving Jay. His eyes are blurry because of his tears. He's also in pain. The younger also started having feelings for Jay but he thought of his limits.

"J-Jay... hyung..." Jungwon sighed before everything turned black... for him. His eyes got tried of crying. His body felt weak. His legs are shaking. Jungwon fainted after all the things that happened today.

Luckily, Sunoo saw his bestie and immediately rushed to help him. "Jungwon-ah! Wake up! Hey!" He called for help and the first thing he contacted was Heeseung.

Heeseung eventually came with the school nurses and Jungwon was brought to the clinic.

— at the clinic —

"What happened to him?" Heeseung asked Sunoo.

"I also don't know, hyung. I just saw him running and crying then he fainted." Sunoo explained.

The two were stopped talking when they saw Jungwon's eyes slightly open. His finger also moved.

"Jungwonnieee, are you awake?" Heeseung immediately caressed Jungwon's head.

"W-What happened? W-Why am I here?" Jungwon stuttered.

"Did Jay hurt you?" Heeseung asked.

Jungwon tried to recall every moment that happened when he was with Jay earlier. He shook his head—sign that Jay did not hurt him.

"Won? Answer me honestly, please?" Sunoo's eyes were filled with concerns for his friend.

Jungwon just nodded at him.

"Are you still taking your meds?"

— end of chapter 11 —