Chapter 35 - End

Four days after Jungwon's death and cremation, everyone is still feeling blue despite the days that have passed.

Jay went to visit Jungwon's mom at their house. The ambiance of the house felt so different and empty after the sunshine left. "I miss you, Wonie." Jay whispered before knocking on the door wishing his boyfriend would be the one to open the door and welcome him.

Jungwon's mom heard Jay's knocks and immediately opened the door for him. The old lady showed Jay her warmest welcoming despite the passing of Jungwon.

"Do you want anything, son?"

"I'm still full. Thanks, mom."

"Take a seat first. I'll go get something." She said and left Jay for a moment and went to Jungwon's room.

Jay was shocked when Jungwon's mom brought out the diary of his boyfriend and gave it to him.

"He said I should give you this when he's gone and also, this." she explained and showed the jar of Jungwon's ashes to Jay.

— flashback : Jungwon's request (ch32) —

"Mom, can I ask you something?"

"Yes, baby. What is it?"

"If I die suddenly, can you give my diary to Jay? I wrote something there for him." Jungwon told his mom. The mother right at that moment cried because of the feeling she has inside her. It's painful to hear those words from her son who she carried for nine months in her womb.

Jungwon received a nod from her mother while crying. She will grant her son's request for sure. However, Jungwon isn't finished yet.

"Mom."

"Hmm?"

"This may sound funny but can you uhm like... give Jay my ashes? You can give him a tiny bit right?" Jungwon said and laughed at his own words as well as his mother. "There... let's not be so sad. I'm happy with how I lived my life, mom." Jungwon added and hugged his mom.

Jungwon's mom just still nodded while hugging him. "Come on, I will still try my best not to turn into ashes!" He joked and they both laughed while tearing up.

— end of flashback —

"He even wanted me to give you just a tiny bit of this. Isn't he the cutest?" Jungwon's mom told Jay and chuckled. "But I guess you deserve to have this." She added and gave Jay the white jar. "Don't worry, I already took a tiny bit." She joked.

"T-Thank you... I did not expect he would tell you something like that, mom." Jay replied.

The man stayed for a while in the house and catched up with Jungwon's mom. When he saw it's already 3 o'clock in the afternoon, he bid farewell to the lady.

"Let's move forward, okay? Jungwon loves you, Jay." She said and gave Jay a tight hug before leaving.

Jay went straight to his car bringing Jungwon's diary and his jar of ashes. As soon as he got inside, checked Jungwon's diary and saw again the bucket list he made.

Jay felt sad that out of the 4 boxes that contains the list, Jungwon was only able to cross out the cat café which is even modified to a dog one.

Jay crossed out the last one on the list.