【chapter one】

Recommended 

Recommended 

Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood (slowed)

2:57 ━━━━━━━━━━━━ 4:33

7th July, 2005

'Ring Ring'

'Huh? Is someone calling me? It's 7 in the morning for god's sake.' I thought.

When I came out of the shower I found someone calling me, I went to check who it was. 

'Kanao' 

"When will she give up?" I roll my eyes. I have been trying to keep them out of my life can't they just take the hint? 

I decide to ignore the call like always and to be honest I still haven't figured out how to use a phone properly. I continue my routine to get ready for school. Still having a towel wrapped around me I go to my closet to get my uniform. That's where I come across my haori. The butterfly haori that was given to me by Sinobu-nee as a gift for becoming a hashira and as a memento from Kanae-nee-san. 

Flashback 

Sitting across the table on the floor from my sister in our estate, I start getting anxious. We had a funeral for Kanae-nee a few hours ago and I just revealed the news of me being the new flower hashira. 'Is she mad that I replaced Kanae-nee?' 'Is she angry that I became a hashira before her?' 'Should I have declined Oyakata-Sama?' 'Did I just make a big mistake?' Negative thoughts start to fill my mind but my stoic facade remains the same.

All my thoughts come to a halt when I see a smile appear on my sister's face. If only I knew this was the last time I would see a real smile on her face I would have cherished this moment to the best of my abilities.

"I know, Amane-Sama gave her wishes for that at the funeral as well as her condolences." she says which left me surprised. 'She found out before I got the chance to tell her?' Seeing my slightly shocked face she starts reassuring me. 

"It's alright, [name]. I figured you would have wanted to wait until after the funeral to tell me so don't worry. Also, here. I found this." Shinobu-nee said as she handed me a haori that looked exactly like Kanae-nee's. I want to cry but I can't, I can't be weak. I have to be strong for Kanao, even if she didn't cry I know she is sad, even if she doesn't realize it herself. 

"N-nee-san, w-why are you giving me t-this?" 'God, why did I stutter so much? She probably thinks I'm weak now' I thought as my stoic face slowly shows a small frown.

"[name], you're the new flower hashira, I know you weren't her tsugoku but as the former flower hashira I'm pretty sure she would want you to have this the most" she replies while placing the cloth in my hands.