【chapter thirteen】

Recommended

Recommended

Jenny (slowed) - Studio Killers

1:46 ━━━━━━━━ 4:09

9th July, 2005

"I'll call you [name]-senpai!"

"Fine by me."

"Oh, by the way, my name is Akashi Senju." she smiles. 

"I'll call you Senju if that's fine." I ask her politely. 

"Mhm! That's alright! You're so formal! And much more pretty in real life!" she happily says-- not realizing how she complimented me. 

Although I seem unfazed on the outside I'm mentally screaming. My heart rate was getting faster by the second which did not help the situation. 

'My heart feels like it's gonna explode.' 

While Senju rambles on-- explaining how she came to Shibuya to shop for umbrellas but got lost, I was busy trying to figure out why I was reacting this way. 

Normally it's me who would get end up making the opposite party a blushing mess-- this was the first time I find myself flustered over an innocent compliment.

Was it because it's her? How innocently she said it? Unlike Mikey who calls me 'cute' in a flirtatious way, or how many others just compliment me-- either to just suck up to me or flirt with me, Senju however, said it in such a genuine manner, like she actually meant it. 

"...and they didn't have a single umbrella that looked decent, which is why I came to this area to look for more but I got los- hey are you even listening?!" her voice pulls me out of my confines. 

"S-sorry I spaced out for a sec." I curse at myself for stuttering. 

"Ohh no problem, but as I was saying after I got lost that drunk idiot came and tried to make a move on me!" She shouts out. 

"Well, I'm glad I came to the rescue." I tease. 

"Please! I could have taken care of myself! I can fight you know?!" She pouts cutely which makes me giggle.

'It's weird...I like this girl. She's like Tanjiro...a pure soul...MUST PROTECT!' 

"Yeah sure..." I look at her, feigning a doubtful look. I know that she can fight just by looking at the way she holds herself-- although I won't tell her that, it's fun to tease her.

"Hey I can! There's no way I would let a man take advantage of me like that." she defends. 

"Well, even if he did manage to-- he would probably get out of the situation easily." I turn my head to look at her. 

"What do you mean?" she asks looking honestly confused. 

"That man was intoxicated, he could just say 'I was drunk. I didn't know what I was doing' and walk out of jail without any charges. I know, it sucks but that's just how it is." I look at my feet while walking-- silently cursing at this cruel world.