【chapter four】

Recommended

Recommended

Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez

1:13 ━━━━━━━━━━ 3:54

8th July, 2005 

My [hair color] hair sways softly in the morning breeze. It's 5 AM as of now and the sun hasn't completely risen yet. I'm currently on my way to the Ubuyashiki Estate for my monthly visit. I go there frequently to check on the remaining members of the family, who just happen to be three siblings that are no older than the age of 9. Despite being so young, they all wake up at 4 AM every day out of habit, so my visits are always early in the morning before school. I also have decided to confront Kiriya about Muzan today. If Kiriya agrees to my assumptions then it will be proved correct. This time it will be harder. We barely have any soldiers left, we already lost 6 of the hashiras and one retired early. All the other surviving slayers may not want to take part considering how it went down last time, or they all have some kind of handicap. I'm the only one who managed to get out with very minor injuries. 

While I was deep in thought I didn't realize that I had already reached the estate. I was welcomed in by one of the maids and they directed me to the meeting area. We usually sit in the living area but what's different today is that I'm being directed to the room where we held our hashira meetings.

'So it's true then. He can use foresight just like his father. He shouldn't be able to do so if Muzan is dead. Perhaps he saw my confrontation coming. I'm going to ask him anyway, you can never be too sure.'

I make my way into the room where I can see the three siblings seated. 

"Good morning, Kirya-kun, Kanata-san, Kuina-san." I greet them with a stoic expression while taking a seat in front of them.

"Good morning, Kocho-sama." The Ubuyashiki twins say in unison with a smile.

"Good morning [name]-san." Kiriya returns the greeting with a smile as well.

"If it's not too much to ask for, may I speak to Kiriya-kun alone for some time?" I ask them politely. 

Kiriya gives his siblings a nod, indicating them to leave the room.

"As you wish, Kocho-sama." with that they proceed to leave us. 

"How have you been?" I ask him. 

"I've been fairly well [name]-san. I suppose you have been doing good as well?" He replies with a smile. 

"Yes, I have." I reply. 

There is a moment of silence but I decide to finally ask him. 

"Kiriya-kun. If I may, I would like to ask you something, I suppose you already know that?" I tell him, although it sounded like a question.