【chapter eight】

8th July, 2005

8th July, 2005

Recommended

Swim by Chase Atlantic (slowed)

1:29 ━━━━━━━━━━━━ 4:45

"Oyakata-sama, I accept your offer." I say sincerely. 

Kiriya and the others were obviously relieved by my answer since they all let out soft sighs. 

"I'm glad [name]-san. I'll call all the kakushis and tell them about the situation. We'll revive the swordsmith village as well, so please bring your swords by tomorrow if there are any repairs needed-- I'll ask them to make spare ones too. As for the uniforms, I'm sure you all still have the old ones, I'll ask them to make more. That's all for today's meeting. Dismissed." 

"As you wish." We three say in unison and going into a dogeza to show our respect. After a few moments, we get up and proceed to leave when Kiriya calls out to me.

"Actually [name]-san, could you stay back for a few minutes? I would like to discuss something. Also, no need to bow, you are also a master now." Kiriya chuckles as I turn back to look at him.

"That's right Kocho-sama." Sanemi jokes and gives me a head pat. 

"We'll wait for you outside." Giyuu informs and pats my shoulder. 

With that, I make my way to sit in front of Kiriya as the other two hashiras leave. 

"[name]-san, I would like to start thinking of strategies, so we'll have daily meetings in the morning before school. I'll send messages to the remaining slayers and conduct a meeting day after tomorrow. Moreover, I would like you to conduct this meeting, you are a leader now and I would like them to know about your status." He finishes 

"I see, very well. My school will be having a trip to Kyoto in five days and I'm afraid as the council president, I have to be there. And there is another reason I need to go there." I pause as he looks at me curiously. 

I turn to the twins.

"Could you leave us for a moment?" I ask them politely. 

 "As you wish, Kocho-sama."

Once they left the room I continue my conversation with Kiriya.

"Muzan's presence is really distorted but is also concentrated near the west(?) of Tokyo, where Kyoto is. It's roughly 500 Km far from here and you should be there in 3 hours if you go there by train. Tonight, I'll check if my assumption is true. If it is, we can come up with strategies that I can use during the trip. If I leave now I can make it there in 2 hours minimum. That's all I wanted to inform you. I'll let you know what I fin-"

"No." he interrupts me.

I look up at him, slightly shocked. 

"Eh? Pardon?" I ask him.