【chapter two】

Recommended

Recommended

This side of paradise by Coyote Theory

1:34 ━━━━━━━━━━━ 4:12

7th July, 2005 

Walking alongside Hina, we both make our way to school in comfortable silence until she decides to break the ice. 

"Ne, Kocho-senpai, normally you always leave way early, so we never got the chance to walk together, is there something different today?" Hina asks me. 

"Oh! About that! Well as you know our school will be having a trip soon, so, in order to plan it and fix a budget, I had to overwork myself for a few days. The fuku-kaichō volunteered to do it today so I could catch a break. I'm really thankful for that!" I reply with a sweet smile. 

"Fuji-senpai is so kind, he must really respect you! I can tell he does by the way he is around you." she says while giving me a close-eyed smile. 

'she's so kind' I thought, I was suddenly reminded of the first day we met, it also happened to be the first day of school for me. 

Flashback

'All these people are bothering me so much' I thought as an irk mark grew on my head but my smile remains. 

"Yes it was a bit difficult but I did train my entire life for that day so I was willing to give my life for it" I reply to the group of people who were surrounding me.

"Woah you are so cool [name]-chan!" a girl squeals while I hear chatter within the group that I purposefully ignore. 

'Trying to get on a first-name basis with me, who does she think she is? I can sense here ill-intent from a mile away! Not only her, but all the people are only befriending me just for status, if I wasn't in the war they wouldn't even look my way.' I insult them in my head cause I wouldn't even dare to say that out loud. 

"Thank you, now please excuse me I would like to be alone for lunch." I say with a cute smile.

I stand up and make my way out of the classroom and go to the cafeteria where all the other students are. 

On my way there a girl passes by me, she gives me a smile as well as a nod to be nice, but her thoughts are anything but that. 

'Is this her?! Everyone has been ignoring me for this demon-fighting war freak? She isn't even that pleasant to look at! Who does she think she is taking away my fans?!' I hear her thoughts 

'Oh please, I would be glad if you could take your fans away from me, they're a huge pain.' I thought.

While I was eating my lunch, a girl with pale orange hair approaches me.