【chapter sixteen】

Recommended

Recommended

Washing Machine Heart - Mitsuki

0:45 ━━━━━━━━ 2:07

9th July, 2005

"Hey Emma, nice-" I cut myself off after taking a good look at her, or rather what she held.

There she stood with a bouquet of the forbidden flower. 

The Blue Spider Lily. 

Knowing that I can't make a scene, I keep myself composed

"Nice to see you again, Emma." I give her a small smile. 

"H-hello! Kocho-san..." She shyly replies.

"Those flowers...they are really pretty, where did you get them?" I ask her. 

"Oh, I- I a-actually...umm I got them f-for you!" she tells me, blushing madly while handing me the flowers.

"O-oh?" I stutter, blushing slightly. 

'OH MY GOD STOP [NAME]!! THIS GIRL JUST GOT YOU THE DEMON ATTRACTER! GET YOURSELF TOGETHER!!' I scream internally.

"Thank you, Emma. I've never seen such flowers. Where did you get them?" I ask again. 

"Well, I found them, right behind this shrine. There were a few of them, so I decided to give them to you as a thank you for helping me. Mikey had told me he called you here." She tells me excitedly. 

"Unfortunately, I can't stay Emma. Thank you for the flowers." I give her an appreciative smile. 

Despite looking dejected, Emma gave her a sweet smile that could melt anybody's problems away, literally. Like, I almost forgot why I came here for a second.

Mikey seemed to be a little jealous of all the attention I was giving his sister so he started whining again. 

"Why can't you stay, [name]-chin?!" He cries with anime tears. I roll my eyes.