2. Nathan

"Daddy, daddy" I woke up to Mason calling me at the top of his lungs. I sat up in a sitting position while rubbing my eyes "take us to school daddy, Mrs. Lorraine said that she wants to talk to you" he says jumping on my bed like a five-year-old.

"Get down Mason you will fall" I caught him tickling him down on the bed before he falls and knock out his teeth. "Didn't she talk to your grandpa" I asked when I let him go

"No granny said he wasn't in the mood to deal with her bullshit" my eyes widened at the word. Really dad cursing in front of the kids. How many times do I have to tell him?

"Where is Madison" on cue the little princess ran inside my bedroom jumping onto my lap and hugging me tightly. "How is my little princess doing?" I asked with a smile pulling her out of the hug.

"I am fine daddy but my pink princess dress doesn't fit anymore" she pouted as I tickled her.

"That's because you're growing big Madi" I said to her with a smile.

"Yes" she shouted.

"What about me daddy" Mason asked standing to show me how tall he had grown for some reason he likes to grow up so quickly and the way he acts sometimes isn't that of a twelve-year-old

"You too my angel, come here and give me a hug" they hugged me tightly "how about you two come to my office after school and then we go shopping to get Madi a new princess dress and a captain America suit for Mason, what do you say guys" 

"Yes daddy" they both cheered happily. Seeing my kids happy is what I live for. They are my pride and joy, my knights in shining armor. They both had Nolan's baby blue eyes, Madi was small just like me and I can see that Mason will be exactly like his father. He will be packed with muscles that is for sure and he will be tall like his father.

I see Nolan in him the more he grows up. The resemblance is too much and Mason is just as beautiful like Nolan. Most times I miss him even though we dated like one month but he was my first love and crush. He was the man I always wanted even though I knew he was just lying to me but I never regretted ever giving him my virginity or having these two beautiful kids with me. I am happy that at least Nolan left me with something that reminds me of him even though it was all a lie to him but to me it felt real.

"Daddy, I need to show you something" Madi suddenly said pulling on my hand getting me out of my day dream.

"She wants to show you a spider daddy, it's scary with its many legs" Mason shivered. Madi was a person who loves animals and if you don't want to be on her bad side don't kill any creatures in front of her. Whereas Mason was the opposite from her, he loathes them.

"Wow Madi where did you get that from" I was impressed at what I was seeing though I was scared as fuck. I am not a huge fun of these things yet I had to pretend because I'm the elder one here.

"From the garden dad, isn't she beautiful" I nodded touching the container which held a big spider this time, last time there was a big snake, if I say I couldn't sleep for a month, take it. I couldn't sleep thinking it would attack me until I convinced Madi to take him to zoo. My hands were shaking but I had to be brave.

"It's indeed beautiful but don't you think it misses it's family" I asked, I am like Mason I have a fear for these creepy things.

"I thought the same thing daddy that's why I'm going to take her back tomorrow" I smiled at her.

"That's my girl" I carried her giving her a hug "that's the right thing to do my girl" she nodded feeling proud of herself "now little ones hurry up and gather your things. I don't want you to be late for school and today I've got a new case I would be starting; I'm meeting my client in about one hour" I said.

"Ok daddy hurry up and eat breakfast Earth is done" I nodded putting Madi down as they started running downstairs.  At least I had a good weekend with my family and friends now it's time to start on this case which I have a bad feeling about.

I had a quick shower, doing my morning business. I put on my suit going downstairs to eat breakfast with my kids. My phone went off the moment I sat on the breakfast table as I pulled it out seeing that it was my dad "hey dad morning" I said putting a piece of bacon in my mouth

"Morning son, I won't be able to pick up the twins today I have an appointment with the doctor about my hip" he said.

"Is it that bad dad?" I asked worriedly.

"It almost killed me yesterday son, it hurts so bad but the doctor said it will be fine. He wants to take a scan to be sure" he explained as I hummed

"Call me after the scan is done dad and if anything happens call me instantly" I said seriously.

"Your mother will be with me and you're always busy son" he replied with a deep sigh.

"I am not too busy for you and mum; dad promise you will call me instantly please" I pleaded

"Promise" he replied and I heard him mumble 'over protective bastard' through the phone.

"I heard that" I said to him

"I wanted you to hear it" he chuckled "how are my favourite grandkids?" he asked

"They are here eating breakfast" I replied putting my phone on the speaker.

"Hello little pumpkins, granny isn't going to be able to see you today but I promise to have a great time with you tomorrow" dad said making the twins to cheer happily.

"Yes granny, will you play dolls with me" Madi says "daddy played with me yesterday but he was always on his phone and I hate it" she pouted.

"Madison you're too old to play with dolls" Mason said arching his eyebrows at her.

"Mason leave your sister" I scolded " princess you are not too old to play with your dolls ok baby" I soothed her, Mason always does this to her.

"Don't mind your dad princess as long as grandpa and grandma are here we will play with you and Mason stop saying that Madi is too old to play with dolls" Mason didn't reply, he just shrug his shoulders.

"Will you play football with me then?" Mason asked hopefully.

"But I played with you champ yesterday" I said looking at him.

"Yes, but you suck at it daddy, you were so horrible you don't even know how to hold a ball" I looked at him.

"That's because I never played one" I defended but they were all laughing at me like mad people.

"Don't worry champ I will play with you" dad assured. "Have a nice day my dears, and behave ok. Tell Mrs. Lorraine that she is a bitch" with that he hung up leaving the kids giggling. I had a shocked face, why is he always cursing in front of the kids, now I have to give him a lecture.

"Your grandpa is crazy" I said, they both nodded. I didn't want to tell them that it was a bad word cause what I know about my kids is that when you tell them not to say something they continue saying it over and over again so I keep quiet. "Go brush your teeth we are living in three minutes" they jumped off the chair in a hurry running upstairs " Earth is everything ready?" I ask her when she comes into the dining room.

Earth is their nanny who takes care of them when I am not around or when my dad or mom can't. She is good at what she does and she is like a family to me. "Yes Nate, here are their bag packs" I nodded thanking her "am I going to pick them up today sir?" she asked.

"No, I will, we are going shopping and they will stay at the office" I told her as she nodded "cook something light today Madison's stomach isn't good it was growling"

"I gave her some medicine yesterday; I think she will be fine" she replied softly.

"Ok but if it continues, I will take her to the doctor" she nodded smiling. The twins came back running towards the car both fighting to sit in front, Mason won making Madi pout all the way to school, I didn't comment about it because they will start auguring and I am not in the mood right now.

Mason always says that he is the man and he is supposed to sit in front and Madi whines about it and if Madi starts talking about how we men undermine ladies and start asking, the law that says that men sit in front of the car then you will never hear the end of it. If I am not mistaken, she will be a lawyer just like me.

In just few minutes I parked in front of their school. "I will talk to Mrs. Lorraine after school ok my babies, take care love you both and be good" I said placing a kiss on their cheeks.

"Daddy we are not babies; we are now grownup stop treating us like that" I smiled at what Mason had said.

"But you're my babies" I teased even though I know he hates it, he stormed away grumbling under his breath saying he wishes granny had brought them and how I embarrass them every time. That's Mason for you

"Love you too daddy" Madi said shaking her head at her brother kissing my cheek loving. Mason was already talking to his friends as I looked at him shaking my head not understanding him, I don't get his behaviour sometimes. Madi also hugged her friends smiling at them. I sighed driving off with a smile on my lips. I love them so much; Nolan doesn't know what he missed.

I drove towards the firm in a hurry, I was already late for my meeting. I was meeting a client who supposedly raped a fifteen-year-old. I reached the firm in a few minutes as I gave my driver the keys, I normally want to drive myself and to be with my kids privately, but when I am too tired that's when Carson comes in. This job pays much and I love it.

"Is Mr. Thompson here?" I ask my assistant when I reached her table without preamble. She just smiled at me nodding.

"Yes, sir he is inside, you are not that late" she replied and I hurried in.

"Sorry I am late" I rushed towards my seat and when my eyes made contact with his I almost fainted.

Fuck

****

Ok guys second chapter done.

Tell me what you think down avd don't forget to vote.