5. Nolan

How can I forget the father of my children" he said without a care like he had not literally dropped a bomb on me. I was still in shock but he went ahead and talked to his friend who was also looking at him with a surprised face and the way he was looking at him I think, this took him by surprise. But Nate was unfazed about it at all, I was stuck, not knowing what to do with myself at this minute.

My mind was in shock, my heart thumping hard as I shifted in the chair.

That means those kids I had just seen were mine, he gave birth to two kids. Oh God what am I going to do. I really wasn't ready for this kind of news, I think I stopped breathing, no wonder he looked like him but without glasses I couldn't be sure that it was him.

I should have known the way he looked at me when he saw me. He had changed, he was now a man, a strong independent man I can see it. He was older not the naïve little Nate I used to toy around with. Not the Nathaniel I knew years ago, a friend of mine who recommended me to him said he was a badass. She said that he was the best in New York, he hardly lost a case and he does everything in his power to win no matter what and she said that he is a professional.

No wonder he knew who I was and he didn't let his personal problems interfere with the case. I am so stupid, I can't believe I was such an asshole, I didn't even know his last name yet we dated for a full month, I love him but I never bothered asking, I didn't know anything about him. It's because I wasn't interested in him even though I liked him and I felt comfortable when I was around him but I didn't take my time to know him.

Now this changes everything, he is my Nate. The person who hasn't left my thoughts since I left him pregnant with my children. I can't believe that I am father of two beautiful kids. A small smile tugged on my lips, I always wanted a family of my own and just thinking that I have two kids puts a warm feeling inside my heart.

But I abandoned them, do I have a right. I don't think so.

They were in front of me minutes ago, my kids are here, I need to see them. I need to know more about them if of course Nathan allows me to see them. I can't believe a mere misunderstanding is lead me to find a person I abandoned years ago "Theo it's done, your boss is free but please tell him to stop peeing on the road, it's so dirty and disgusting" I came back to my senses when I heard his beautiful voice say.

He is still as beautiful as I remember, he captured my heart but I had to pretend in front of my friends. That day I lied when he said he was pregnant, I didn't meet him that day because I wanted to break up with him, no, I was there because I wanted to continue seeing each other privately, even though my friends wanted me to break his heart which I did eventually but I did it because I was panicked by the news.

I was just 17, I wasn't ready to deal with all of that. It was too much for me that I couldn't continue seeing him. It hurt me that I left him to deal with all of that alone because he too was still young but can you blame me, my father would have killed me if he found out that his only precious son who had to take over his business, his only heir had impregnated a boy, not a girl but a boy. The man would have killed me.

My father isn't an easy man if I may say and if he finds out about the scandal I am in right now. He will skin me alive. That's why I want all of this to go away as soon as possible and go back to Germany before the old man finds out. But finding out that I have two kids, not one but two changes all the plans I had.

"Thank you, Nate but I think you have something to tell us" His friend said looking at him and back at me.

"Mr. Thompson you're still here" he gasped as if he wasn't seeing me. "I will call you Mr. Thompson just go and do what I said" is he serious, after dumping a heavy bomb on me, he wants me to go. What the hell is wrong with him. That's not the Nate I knew who was pure, he had changed a lot.

"You can't just say that to me then you expect me to leave like that" I said to him with a glare. What a way to tell me like that. Like he didn't care at all.

"Did you expect me to pull you into a corner and tell you "Oh Nolan, I am Nathan your high school lover whom you got pregnant and left so those kids you have seen are yours did you expect that Nolan dear" he said sarcastically I looked at him dumbly not knowing what to reply back. Before I could reply the kids came in with smiles on their faces.

"Daddy I am hungry" the little girl said, whom now goes by the name of Madison. Nate looked at me in the corner of his eye as of waiting to see what I am going to do "uncle Theo, hi" the girl giggled running to Theo with a smile on her face.

"Mr. Thompson I will talk to you later, our meeting ended hours ago" he gritted his teeth "ok let's go, Theo are you joining us" he asked giving me a cold shoulder which I deserve.

"Nah, my assistant had already bought me food and I have many things to do at the office, maybe next time" he smiled tickling the little girl in his arms. My hands twitched wanting to carry them in my arms or hug them tightly and never let go. "I will see you later Madi and Mason, you guys have grown"

"Yes, uncle Theo recognize it" Mason squeaked happily and I can see my features in him. He had my baby blue eyes and my face, even though he doesn't look exactly like me but there is a resemblance between us and Madi had my eyes too but took her dad's feminine features. They are really my kids; my mistake gave me two beautiful kids.

"Yes, baby boy and before we know it you will have a beard" the little boy ran towards Theo hugging him tightly in happiness.

"And get a girlfriend or boyfriend" the boy squeaked, my eyes widened at that or a boyfriend so he is bisexual and the way Nate didn't flinch, I think he knows. My smile fell off my lips and my heart ached that they didn't know me and I don't know them at all. I haven't been in their lives; they see me as a client their father is helping out.

This sucks.

"Ok let's go and you're too young to get a girlfriend or boyfriend Mason" Nate chuckled as Mason looked at him shaking his head.

"I know dad, that's why I want to grow up quickly so that I can get the person I love" Mason said dreamily as if thinking of something and the smile on his lips, I knew he had a crush on someone instantly.

"You're still my baby" Nate Chuckled.

"Daddy stop calling me a baby" the little boy whined pouting. Nate pulled him in the hug saying sorry to him but I think he didn't mean it though because he was still smiling.

"Bye Nate see you on Saturday and please I need answers" with that Theo left the office leaving me with my family. Nate sighed lowly shaking his head, holding the kids' hands wanting to leave like he didn't see me.

I followed them out my heart beating so fast in my chest as he pressed the buttons of the elevator, I stood behind them too not knowing what to do but this doesn't stop here. If it means to get down on my knees to beg him to see my kids, then I will do it.

He looked behind with arched eyebrows and confused eyes as if asking what the hell I was doing. He was about to say something when the elevator opened the kids were the first enter, Nate followed next and I too entered behind on their heels. "I am having lunch with you guys" I said in my deep voice looking him in the eye, daring him to refuse or say something but he didn't but his eyes widened in surprise.

"Yay, it's great to have a plus one" Madison cheered " my name is Madison Taylor Wright sir but you can call me Madi" the little girl gave me her hand to shake as I squatted down to her level, she wasn't that short but I wanted to study her more "if we are going to have lunch together I think we should get to know each other" so bright just like me.

"Nolan Thompson, nice to meet you Madison" I smiled saying " and this handsome man here what is your name?"

"Mason Tyler Wright" Mason replied with a smile him shaking my hand but he was serious not playfully like Madison

"Nice names, I am really jealous of your names, the both of you" I said smiling at them.

"Our daddy is the best, he said he spent a whole month trying to figure out our names" Madison said with giggle "Nolan can you carry me I am tired" she said putting her hands up so that I can carry her.

I did without a thought carrying her in my arms, she put her head in my neck. Mason snorted rolling his eyes looking forward with a straight face.

I was at my happiest, I was creating a bond with my kids and Nate wasn't stopping me at all. This was the best day of my life. In just few hours I had known so much about my kids, I thought it would take like years but here am I carrying my little girl in my hands cuddling her. I closed my eyes unconsciously my heart beating fast in happiness.

What a day.

****

What do you guys think of this chapter.

Do you think Nate will accept Nolan to see his kids or will not

Comment and tell me guys.

I will see in just few minutes I will be updating another chapter.

Vote guys please, show me some love.