13. Nathan

Oh, my fuckin God!

I can't believe what had happened a few days ago, I feel like I am floating. I am on cloud nine, Nolan Thompson the father of my kids, the man I have been in love with for most of my life kissed me. Me, I couldn't believe it. I pinched myself a few times to see whether I was dreaming but it was true Nolan had kissed me and he wants a chance with me. I was still in shock even after it happened, the man I had not seen for thirteen years wants to go on the date with me. This seems absurd but whatever I'm happy.

He asked me out to dinner and I instantly said yes, I couldn't contain myself that day throwing myself towards him and kissed him like a mad man. Does he even know what he does to me and if it wasn't for my meeting, I don't know what I would have done. I would have given him my everything like years ago yet I had to restrain myself, he has to first prove himself to me before we go further. I don't want history to repeat itself.

Though, so far, he has been the sweetest.

He had been sending me sweet messages now and then which flatters my heart telling me how much he misses me and a smile never leaves my lips like ever. I have never been happy like this in my life except the day I held my children in my arms.

Nolan is my second happiness and if I have him, my life would be complete.

Today is Saturday, I was driving to Mateo's house after spending the whole day with Nolan and the kids. We had to pretend that nothing is going on between us in front of the kids but when they were too busy doing their own thing Nolan would steal kisses from me making me blush.

My heart is swelling in happiness, this was a dream come true and I was looking forward to our date which is tomorrow by the way, he wanted today but I have to go see my friends and I know Theo had already told them about what he heard in the office. Therefore, Sunday was the only day left and he accepted although today I felt like it was a date too. He smiles at me, those sexy winks he gives me which made my stomach twist in knots.

I feel so fuckin in love with him!

It's not even a whole week since I saw him but he had managed to make my life spin around in circles. I feel like he was the missing piece in the puzzle to make my life whole again. I don't know where this is going and I don't want to think about either all I know is that I am happy, he was slowly making his way into my heart and I don't know how he does it but whatever it is I like it so fuckin much. I don't know what my parents would think of me, but if they see how happy he makes me they will understand me.

I reached Mateo's house sighing deeply. I don't know how they will take it. I lied to them; I know they are going to be mad. I got startled when my phone went off in my pants. I fished it out in a hurry as a smile appeared on my lips seeing who it was. He had never called me directly only sending text messages. I cleared my throat answering "hello" I said as my fists balled in nervousness.

"Hey Nate, how are you" I can feel how nervous he was. I smiled at that; I make him nervous like he makes me "have you reached your friend's house" he asked in that deep sexy voice of his which makes my whole-body shiver in anticipation.

"Yes, but I haven't entered, I just arrived" I replied nibbling on my lips.

"Oh, ok I just called to wish you a good night" he said sighing deeply.

"Ok, good night" I say as silence took over and I heard him sigh lowly.

"Nate" I hummed my heart beating rapidly, the way he calls my name does things to me "I am so excited for tomorrow, I can't wait to see you" I smiled at that. Oh, shit this man is going to be the death of me. Does he know what he does to me.

"I can't wait either" I say in a small voice

"See you tomorrow Nate bye have good night with your friends" he said in hurry.

"See you tomorrow" I say and he hung up. I looked at my phone admiring his number. I am so dumb. I sighed one more time pushing my phone inside my pocket and clambering out of the car. I walked towards the house entering without knocking. I walked directly to the basement where I know my friends are. "Hey guys" I say when I reached hugging each one of them.

Theo handed me a bottle of beer as I made myself comfortable on the bean bag. "Hey man" Sebastian said sitting next to me our thighs rubbing against each other. I instantly pulled away and saw how hurt he was, I don't know what his problem is.

"Theo tells us that you have something to tell us" Mateo said sitting on the opposite side from me and Sebastian. I knew this was an interrogation, they haven't set up the games already, I knew today wasn't a game night but I think it's time to tell them the truth.

"Yeah" I replied nervously gulping on my beer " don't get mad at me please and don't think that I don't trust you because I do a hundred percent" I say

"Go ahead Nate all we need is the truth" Mateo said encouragingly.

"You know those men who get pregnant" they nodded "yeah I am one of them" I say looking at them to see their reaction "I was sixteen when I got pregnant with the twins and things weren't easy at all. Being bullied at school for being gay and finding out the father of my kids slept with me because of a bet" I say

"What the hell, I am going to kill the bastard" Theo said anger evident on his face.

"It's ok, Theo" I sighed shaking off the horrible experience in the past "I told him that I was pregnant and you know since he never loved me, he just left me alone in that situation. He left the school and I never saw him again until this last Monday" I sighed

"He was the one in your office right" I nodded slowly when Theo asked "what did he want"

"He is being sued and I am working on his case" I reply

"Why would you accept to help him Nate, you knew who he was right" Sebastian asked.

"Yeah, I knew him but my personal problems don't have anything to do with business and I already accepted the case before I saw him. Mr. Brown forced me too" I say

"I can't believe this" Sebastian stood up "you took the case because you still love him" he asked a little bit annoyed. I kept quiet not knowing what to reply to that. Theo and Mateo looking at him "you still love him right" he asked in a small voice

"Yes Sebastian, I still love him" I reply in a small voice too nibbling on my lips.

"Why? with all the things he did to you" he asked in disbelief.

"Yes, with all the things he did to me I can't control myself. I loved him before he even started talking to me. I always thought I didn't have a chance with him and when he did notice me, I was at my happiest. Even though he left me in a situation where I needed him but can you blame him. he was young, he couldn't handle the responsibilities" I know I sound stupid right now but Nolan is always in my heart.

"I thought you had brains Nate" Sebastian said looking directly in my eyes "you're just letting him off the hook like that, he wasn't there for you and the kids. He doesn't deserve you or those kids" he spat at me.

"He is the father, Sebastian; he has a right to be with his kids. Even though he wasn't here in the first place. That doesn't matter! What matters is that he is here now" I drawled out feeling angry, what's wrong with him.

"Calm down you two" Theo chimed in. "So, Nate you're willing to give him a chance to see his kids" he asked and I nodded "if he wants you, you're going to go back to him"

"He asked me out and he kissed me" I said to them making their eyes to widen in shock.

"So, you're going to date him?" Mateo asked

"If he wants why not, I'm single and he is single. My family would be complete" I reply truthfully out of the blue we heard the shattering of a glass and we looked up at Sebastian who had broken the glass.

"What about us Nate, you're going to throw away what we had because of that bastard" my eyes widened. We didn't have anything going if I recall correctly.

"Sebastian there is nothing between us, it was just a fuck" I say to him truly.

"We have been fuckin for three fuckin years Nate. What did you think that I won't catch feelings? I fuckin love you and I want more with you" I froze in my seat so that's why he was acting weird.

"I am sorry Sebastian but I don't feel the same way. Yes, I love you but like a brother-"

"No one sleeps what their brother Nate" he yelled at me "you were playing with my feelings"

"I didn't play with your feelings" I stood up too shouting at him back "I told you from the beginning that I don't have feelings for you. I told you my heart belongs to someone and that someone is Nolan" I gritted my teeth saying.

"Yeah, yeah, go to hell Nate" he stomped out as a tear slipped out of my eyes. I knew sleeping with him was a bad idea, now it feels like I am losing a friend.

"I told Sebastian that this was a bad idea" Mateo said "I knew Nate never loved him"

"Sebastian has been in love with him since college Mateo, he just wanted a piece of Nate" they said making my heart break. How stupid can I be, if I knew I wouldn't have slept with him. I sat back down not knowing what to do "he will get over it" Theo said

"I love Nolan, I have dreamed of being with him for such a long time guys. I know I am acting stupid because of the things he had done to me but I can't control my heart and body. Please tell me that you understand me. I never knew Sebastian was in love with me, if I knew I wouldn't have slept with him at all, I don't want to lose him" I rambled

"We understand Nate. But are you sure with Nolan, won't he break your heart like he did years ago" Mateo asked kneeling between my legs.

" I don't know Mateo; I really don't know but he said that he wants another chance with me" I say unsure.

"You're not the fifteen Nate, you're are a grown up now. Choose wisely, let me go look for Sebastian" Theo left

"He is my first love and I don't know why my heart wants him Mateo, I don't even know" Mateo nodded hugging me tightly.

"Can you do me one thing" I nodded "can you not introduce him to the kids before you're sure that he will stay because it will hurt them when he leaves again" I nodded, I wasn't planning on telling them now until I am sure. I can deal with a broken heart but my kids can't. "Sebastian will come around, come let's set up some games" Mateo smiled, he is always cheerful.

Hope I am making the right decision with Nolan.