9. Nolan

Jessica's mouth hung open after hearing what I said. Her mouth was opening and closing, her face twists into frowns and sometimes into a pout which means she is thinking about it so hard. I just told her about Nate and the kids, she didn't interrupt me at all, she just listened intently and now I am waiting for her to say something.

"Nathaniel Wright! The person who you fucked over with years ago, the famous lawyer has twin children and he is the mother" she whispers more to herself than me but I heard her perfectly "he can actually get pregnant yet he is a man" she continues softly her brows furrowed in disbelief "I can't believe this Nolan" she says after a second of keeping quiet "so it's true men can get pregnant" she says frowning.

"Apparently yes" I reply shrugging.

"Oh, shit this is new to me Nolan" she stands up abruptly putting her hands over her slim waist and putting her finger on her mouth thinking hard "I have to read about this Nolan, I have heard stories about it but I always thought that they are just stories. But in real life, I thought it was impossible" she drawled with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, it's possible and he gave me two beautiful kids Jessica you should have seen them. They have my eyes and nose. They are so cute" I beam out in happiness. She steps in front of me and slaps me square in the face "why would you do that Jess, that motherfucker hurts" she rolled her eyes sitting back down.

"If I was Mr. Wright, that's what I would have done after what you did to him" she points at me "you left him all alone Nolan, he was just sixteen, he needed you" she scolds, I should have expected this from her, she was a woman of her principals.

"I know what I did was a dick move Jess but that's what I had to do. You know what would have happened if dad found out and I was still young I wasn't ready for responsibilities" I tell her caressing my cheek which still stings from the slap. It was one hell of a slap I wasn't ready to get right now.

"And you think Nathaniel was ready, he was also young. That was both your problem not his. You stick your dick in him and I remember you telling me that you liked it. And you go ahead and do that Nolan, I am so disappointed" she shakes her in disappointment.

"That's why I want to fix things" I say to her nibbling on my lower lip.

"You want to fix things Nolan" she snorts rolling her eyes "you weren't even ready to look for him and if it wasn't those accusations you would have gone back to Germany and resume your life knowing that you left somebody in New York who was pregnant with your kids" she says and now I can see her reason. If it weren't for this case, I would have gone back to Germany already.

I really wanted to look for Nate. I was too afraid to do so. I was scared of what I will find out, I was just too scared and many thoughts were running through my mind and again one thing I know how to do is to run when things get difficult.

"If I was him, I wouldn't have let you see the kids Nolan" she looks at me in anger "do you know what happened when you left, Toby started making fun of him. He made his life a living hell Nolan. That boy became a laughing stock to the whole school and it was all because of you Nolan. You knew he was pregnant then you came and told us how you used him and dumped him that was so low of you and on top of that you left him all alone in the moment he needed you" she scolds

"I know what I did Jess that's why I want to do the right thing now" I say sitting up so that I can look in her eyes. " Nate is giving me a chance to see my kids Jess trust me I won't fuck up" I put my hands in hers, I know why she is like this, her father left her with her mother when she was still young, so the topic is sensitive to her.

"I think it's time to grow up Nolan, stand up to your father. And mend things with Nate, I know you still feel something for him, I saw it years ago. I don't know what happened but that month you were with him. I saw you laugh, smile the real ones not the fake smiles you used to give us" she says. "You were happy".

"I loved him Jess and I think I still do! I think he moved on. All I want now is not to mess up his life, even though I still feel things for him. He is giving me a chance to know my kids, I promise I won't destroy this chance" a tear slips out of my eye "I don't even know why he is giving me this chance though. I hurt him Jess really bad, I don't even deserve to call those kids my own. I-" I trailed off.

"Listen babe, life is giving you another opportunity, use it wisely. I knew Nate was special since day one, I knew he had a good heart even though now he has changed but hearts never change. He is allowing you to see your kids, to bond with them because you have a right and he knows deep inside that you will be a good father. Ju-just don't mess this up. I want to see you settle and live for something not for your dad's assets, it's time to start living because of your kids" she hugs me tightly as I cried on her shoulder.

"Do you think I deserve them Jess" I ask

"You deserve them hundred percent, if not Nate wouldn't have given you this opportunity" she coos softly.

"I really want to be the best father to them. If possible, I would want a family with them, all of them Jess. I was stupid back then but I know I need Nate more than anything, yet I don't want to mess up his life"

"How about you do this" she smiles at me "get to know them all. Then see what happens next but don't go back to Germany. If your dad disowns you, just know you have me. You're always welcome to my house anytime" I smile, she is a good friend and I am so happy that I have her as friend.

"What would I have done without you in my life sweetie" I smile at her.

"Nothing asshole" she replies cockily.

"I think you should prepare a room for me because hell is about to break through" we both burst out laughing.

"I know, why do you think I offered because I can see it in your eyes how determined you are babe. Seeing your kids changed you" she said with a big smile on her lips.

"I think I have been waiting for something to hold on to and now I have it, I will hold on to that" I say remembering my kids.

"Tell me about the kids, I can't wait to meet them" she said excitedly as I told her their names and how cute they look. "Madison Taylor Wright and Mason Tyler Wright. I like the names I think he put too much effort in picking them" Jess smiled.

"Madison said that Nate spent almost two months looking for their names" my smile fell off my lips thinking that I would have been there for him.

"Don't be sad Nolan, at least you're trying to fix your mistakes. You're not like some people" I know why she said that. Because of her father. The bastard married another woman and forgot about them.

"Sorry Jessica" I say, I didn't know what to say to that. Before she could reply a maid came in to give me my phone.

"It was going off sir. I thought it might be important" she said handing it to me.

"Thanks Ella" she walked off after that as I checked the number but it's not saved. I have three missed calls from it" I don't know the number, let me first see who it is" Jessica nodded sipping on her cocktail "hello" I said after the person picked up

"Hi, Mr. Thompson" I instantly knew who it was "sorry if I disturbed you. It was nothing go back to what you were doing" he said nervously "oh shit, you don't have my number it's me Nate, Nathaniel Wright if you had forgotten" he rumbled making me smile a little. He is so cute and his voice is just so gorgeous and smooth.

"It's ok Nate and can you please call me Nolan" i said

"Oh, yeah" he replied

"What can I help you with?" I asked my heart racing a millimeter.

"Um uh, uh, my car broke down in the middle of the road and I was supposed to pick up the kids at school but I don't think I will be done by then yet I am with my driver right now. I should have told my parents but my father broke his hip he can't walk properly and mother is there to help him out" my heart was beating so fast knowing what he was going to say "but it's ok......"

"I will do it" this was my chance to get to know the kids better.

"What?" It was a question "if you're busy it's fine Nolan really, I will pick them u-"

"Nate I am not busy; just send me the school details I will go pick them up" my heart was full of excitement

"Oh o-ok thank you, they will be done in thirty minutes, take them home I will send you my home address" he inhaled deeply keeping quiet for a second before he added "and if you're not too busy it's ok to spend some time with them after you drop them off at my house" was this a dream, I closed my eyes not believing my ears.

"Nate thank you" I say tears streaming down my face. This is amazing

"It's ok, um uh thank you again Nolan" he paused as we both stayed on the phone listening to our breaths, his breath was so soft and calming "bye" he hung up quickly. I stayed standing there with tears in my eyes.

"What happened Nolan" Jess asked.

"Nate wants me to pick up the kids from school Jessica. Isn't it wonderful?" I smile between tears.

"I am going with you; I need to meet those cuties" she beams excited.

"Let's go then, I don't want to be late" on cue Nate sent the name of the school and it was attached to an address probably his house.

I can't believe how my life is changing drastically and it's changing for the better. I will make sure to not mess up.

***
Vote and comment.