15. Nolan

Chapter 15

Nolan

He was nervous, I can see it in his eyes but little did he know that I was nervous too. The way he looked at me at his house almost made me cancel the dinner and eat him instead but we needed to talk and this wasn't the right time. We might be giving each other kisses here and there but their are some pending issues we needed to fix especially me. Spending the day yesterday with the kids and Nate made me realize many things I did in the past which I regret and most of them is running away from Nate like a coward.

I realized that Nate was the best thing that has ever happened to me and this time I want to make it official with him. I want to be with him, I want a family with him and so much more with him. This won't please my father but I have to do it for my happiness !. Nate makes me happy and all in all I want Nathan more than anything.

" Which name sirs" the waiter asked when we reached at the restaurant. I so wanted to hold Nate's hand but restrained myself from doing so, I don't want him to think that I am coming on to him so strong.

"Nolan Thompson" I replied smiling, my heart going crazy in my chest. she nodded checking in her computer nodding her head in delight. She told us to follow her and we did . She lead us upstairs. I booked a private room, I wanted us to have a secret conversation and this is going to be a heart to heart conversation which I don't want people to see and find things to talk about. Nate was a famous lawyer, everyone knows him.

" Here, your waiter will be with you in a few minutes" I thanked her as I looked around the room, it was beautifully decorated and it smelled nice, the way I liked it. Nate was looking at me in confusion and I saw hurt in his eyes. I pulled a chair out for him to sit as he plopped in to it in boredom, I know what he is thinking. I also pulled out mine sitting facing him.

" It's not like I am ashamed of you Nate" i said reading his eyes " I just wanted our privacy" I saw him sigh in relief " so you thought I was ashamed" I asked.

" Um no I was just wondering why you wanted us to hide" he said in that beautiful voice of his. I can't believe I hurt this man in front of me, so pure.

" I brought you here Nate because I want us to talk about our relationship" I voiced out " I want us to have a real talk and I don't want people to hear our conversation" I explained bitting my lips feeling nervous. He nodded smiling at me. He looked through the menu as I did the same. The waiter came asking us what we wanted and we both gave her our orders. We were alone once again and I didn't know were to start from. Nate was looking around probably waiting for me to start.

" Nice place, I have never been here before" I was about to say something when he beat me to it.

" Jessica brought me here the day I came back to New York" I say sipping on my wine slowly

" Oh Jessica, the one Madi was talking about" i nodded smiling at him. " Ok" he Said in a smile voice gulping his wine.

" You don't recall her do you" i know what he was thinking, one of my flings.

" Should I" he replied bitterly.

" She is one of my best friend and that's it" the way he replied to me made me want to explain Jess to him. He was jealous about her.

" You don't need to explain anything, how is Toby" he asked, my eyes widened, he remembers him, why shouldn't he, Toby made his life a living hell back in school.

" He is ok" I replied looking away from him, I was part of them who made his life a living hell.

" Hope his brother is out of danger" he shrugged.