22. Nathan

I reached the place  the girl had told me looking around. The place was quite and it was far from the city and there weren't any people around, it was scary. Why would she want to meet me here in all places. " Nate, this place is creepy" Carson said him too looking around.

" I know" I replied with a heavy sigh flickering around but I wasn't seeing the kid at all. I started to think this was a trap, my heart started to beat rapidly in my chest not liking this, one bit. I should have left but I have to do this for Nolan, the man I love, the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. Therefore if I have to go through this so be it. I will do anything for Nolan.

" Nate I think we should go" Carson said swallowing, he was scared I know, if I knew he would be like this I would have left him behind. A scary man passed by us but the way he looked I wanted to run and hide. He just looked at us not saying anything. He wasn't wearing a shirt, his pants were down showing his dirty underwear or play and for a minute I thought the dirty jeans would fall off but it didn't and he looked to be comfortable wearing like that. His upper body was full of tattoos and he really looked scary, his whole face pierced. How did he do it! that was beyond me really. I had to swallow in nervousness.

" Go back in the car and lock it. If anything happens just drive and call help" I say to Carson my stomach churning. The guy looked like a killer but the good thing he didn't bother us.

" I can't do that, I can't leave you with these thugs"  he responded aching an eyebrow at me. I was about to reply to him when I heard someone say;

" Psst, Psst" I looked around and my eyes landed on a brown girl I saw days ago at the Usoro household. She was behind the building looking around. I walked towards her my heart still beating fast but I have to find out the truth.  What was this girl doing here, was it a trap because we refused to give her dad money, I think I have to find out. Carson followed me and I was about to tell him not too but the look he gave me was enough for me to shut my mouth.

" Why did you pick this place in all places" I asked when I reached the kid who was looking around nervously. She was young, like thirteen years old but due to her skinniness you might think she is like eight or nine years old. She wore torn dirty blue jeans and black shirt which was too big on her body.

" It's deserted no one can see us here" she replied still looking around nervously.

" Why are you look around like that" I asked.

" I want to make sure no one is watching us" Dakota replied.

" So why call me, you said you want to tell me something" she looked at me in the eye and I can see sadness in her eyes.

" That guy didn't rape my sister" she said " but to tell you the full information you have to promise me something" that's not new, I know my Nolan didn't rape that girl.

" Go ahead" I say pulling out my phone to press record.

" No recording mister" she pushed away my phone aggressively. " First promise me that after all this you will put my dad in jail for a very long time or so make sure he will never get out at any cost" she said grimly, I can see  how determined she was.

" Before promising anything I need you tell me what I'm dealing with now" she looked around again. Before putting her gaze on me again.

" Follow me" she started walking, I hesitated, my heart beating " come with me Nathaniel, I have to make sure no one is hearing" I nodded still not trusting her but this is for Nolan. Carson was too following me and I know he isn't trusting her either. She reached another abandoned building as she entered inside, I followed her standing in front of her " now I here I feel safe. if this doesn't work and they find out that I am the one who gave you this information I am dead" she chuckled bitterly.