30. Nathan

I know this book needs strong editing;

And I will edit it after its finished so please if you see a major mistake please inform me. Thank you and enjoy!.

" Recess" the judge beat her gravel making me think sigh looking around the court room at the people and the news reporters. I glanced at the senator and hooligans who were smirking at me mockingly. I placed my palm on my forehead as I breathing in and out. The evidence I have is not enough to put the bastard's behind bars, I need Dakota here, but she is no where to be seen. The bad thing is that I don't have her number, I have sent Carson to her house but he said she wasn't there.

I can't let these bastards win, hell will break through and people won't trust me again, they will back lash me for accusing their senator. Dakota gave me the evidence but it wasn't enough, I really need her here " Nate what is going on"  I looked back at Nolan giving him a lip sided smile as I shook my head nothing, this is bad, Dakota has to prove Nolan's innocence.

All my life now is depending on a thirteen year old. I stood up passing by the people going straight to the bathroom to think. I flashed water in my face as I looked in the mirror " this has to work" I Said go myself.

" And it will" I turned around seeing my father standing at the door looking at me. I felt like crying why am I this emotional. I'm never the type to cry but here am I about to shade tears. I need Dakota to be here in thirty minutes. " Calm down son, she will come" he comforted giving me assuring small. I know nothing will be fine without Dakota here.

" What if she couldn't dad" I say in a shaky Voice. " I'm scared of the out come dad, she is the only one who has to put those bastard's in prison" I say pulling on my fingers " I can't let Nolan to go to prison dad, the twins had just find out that he is there father, they will be miserable if Nolan goes to prison, I d-don't oh God" I pulled on my hair hard frustrated. This is really bad.

"Listen to me" dad walked towards me " I know you can do this, you wouldn't have gone this far if you couldn't. You have brains use it. You have twenty five minutes use them carefully" I nodded as I gripped my hair " stop panicking and think" I put my hands on the counter bitting my lips. I ran towards the toilet throwing up all my contents from my stomach as I let my mind to wander. Dad looked at me weirdly but he didn't comment.

Then something hit me!

" I got something dad, I will be back" I rinsing my mouth running out. I got inside my car as I drove off like a mad man. In about few minutes I parked my car to were me and Dakota met the last time as I ran inside " Dakota, are you here" I ran inside looking around for the little girl. I heard muffled crying. I followed voices and I heaved a sigh in relief when I saw her seated in the corner crying. I ran towards her " hey what's wrong!" I asked worriedly. She looked up at me with red puffy eyes.

" Mr Wright your here" she said throwing herself at me hugging me tightly. I let her cry while I look at my watch to see how many minutes I have, I had twenty minutes left until the court resumes again.

" What happened" I asked.

" She is dead" she said in a whisper.

" Who"

" Everly, killed herself, she was fade up of the situation and she killed herself'' she sobbed harder " she was the only person I had, now she left me all alone" she cried harder and I pulled her in my chest comforting her.

" I am so sorry Dakota" I whispered Kissing her temple.

" It's there fault,they broke her" she was really hurt, her face was all red. " She gave up on me, I told her that I had everything figured out all she had to do was to stay here with me but no she just thought that a rope would be better leaving me with that bastard. They broke her Mr Wright" she cried clutching her shirt tightly cleaning her running nose.

" Everly killed herself because of those bastard's Dakota but what are you gonna do about it" I asked seriously.

" I want them dead, six feet under" she gritted her teeth.

" Don't you think death is like a free way" I say making her look in my eyes " why not suffer for the rest of there lives. They hurt you and your sister, they pushed her to kill herself therefore, Dakota, I think it's time to watch them suffer. Make them pay for there crimes, it will make You happy seeing them everyday surfer than six feet under" I smiled at her " and You have a chance, your chance is now" I say

" Really" she asked unsure.

" Yes, get justice for your sister don't let her down even though she let you down, don't let those people who hurt you, who broke you and your sister go free" I say seriously smiling at her " I have them were we want them, go show the world how those horrible people don't deserve to be among us" she wiped her eyes looking at me determined as she stood up.

" What are we waiting for then, let's go make them pay" she said bravely.

" I am so proud of you please call me Nate" she nodded as we moved out " we have ten minutes left so we have to hurry up" we entered the car in a hurry. The drive is literally eight minutes, let's pray we reach in time and since I have a thirteen year in my car I drive like a mad man.

" First take me somewhere" I looked at her confused " don't worry this will help with the case and we will be saving lives" I nodded trusting her completely as I started the car. I drove with her giving me directions.  We reached a very old warehouse as she got out quickly walking towards the warehouse with me trailing behind her, she pushed the door open. I gasped finding two young boys and three girls inside seated while hugging each other in fear. " It's ok guys it's me Dakota" Dakota said running to them.

The kids looked at me in fear " Don't worry this is a friend who is going to help us out ok. We have few minutes I will explain in the car, come let's go" they seemed hesitate but the smile on Dakota's face made them stand up. They looked to be young, what I am asking for is what are they doing here but we have only five minutes left.

" Let's go Dakota" I said as my phone started going off. I ignored it, Dakota caught the kids hands giving them a small smile in comfort, the kids seemed to be in fear " why the hell isn't this place guarded" I asked

" It is and by any minute the guards will be  here so we have to hurry up" Dakota said, she seemed to know everything. I looked at her in confusion " i know everything Nate dad used to send me do some work here" I nodded. the kids clambered in at the back of my car. They were still scared the boys hugging the girls tightly.

" I think you know Jordan Smith the CEO of Smith transport company" Dakota asked when I started driving off the premises I nodded yes " ok You have heard that his children disappear right" I nodded it was on the news, they disappeared like two- three months ago. All five kids disappeared when coming back from school. Then it hit me these are the kids " Those are the kids back there but You will hear the story when we reach the court which by the way starts in two minutes" she smiled as I sped up, I have to be there on time.  My phone went off again as I told Dakota to get it for me.

" Hello, this Nathaniel Wright's phone, he is driving right now, call later" she said as she kept quiet " it's your boyfriend" she said

" Tell him I'm on my way" she nodded telling him exactly that hanging up.

I clutched my jaw tightly driving fast hopefully I don't get a ticket.

I parked the car outside the court room and I was late by two minutes, I opened the car in hurry as I carried the youngest girl so that we can be faster " guys walk faster we are late" I told them. we started running, I was breathing so hard and somehow I felt dizzy. Yet I had to ignore it. I felt my stomach turn but I didn't stop, this had to be done.

" If attorney Wright isn't here the case is dis-" I heard the judge say when we badged  in in.

"I am here your honour" I say breathing hard putting the girl down putting my hands on my knees, I think I should join gym once in a while. Nolan was by my side in second calming me down and just by looking at him made me powerful.

" I called you attorney this case is dis-"

" Your going to let these people go when they have hurt children like us" Dakota cut her off looking at her with sadness in her eyes " just because we are late by three minutes your going to let those people go" I smiled standing behind my children with proudness.

This is going to be interesting.