4. Nolan

"Daddy" I swung around to see two identical children running towards him with smiles on their faces. Mr. Wright stood up and crouched down hugging them tightly to him with a smile on his face. They looked happy and I actually felt jealous over his family. That's what I have wanted for years but every girl I date seemed to like me for my money not as my own person which is exhausting and at the end of the day, I am always the one who comes out with a broken heart.

Most importantly, no woman I dated had managed to steal my heart like him, I loved them but I don't feel like I felt when I was with him. I don't know how many years had passed but I still think about him, I never knew how much he meant to me until I left him like the coward I was, in the moment he needed me the most, I left. I knew the baby was mine but I couldn't accept him, I was young, we were young and by the looks of it he was not going to abort that baby no matter what I said so the right thing was to run or so I thought.

I wasn't ready to face the world that soon and I knew my father would have disowned me if he found out I got a boy pregnant. I wasn't ready to risk all of that even though until now I feel guilty down to my bones. I want to look for him, so bad, I wanted to know what happened but I am scared. Ever since I stepped foot in New York all I wanted was to look for him but I didn't know where he lived. He never took me to his place and I never took him to mine either.

I don't even know whether he was still in New York. Silly me I never even knew his last name.

I am scared and when I meet him what should I say to him, I am not ready for that so I act as if nothing happened. My friends who betted on him never found out about his pregnancy because after I left, they told me he too stopped going to school and I knew the reason why but I always asked questions.

What happened?

Did he give birth to that baby?

I wonder how the baby looks like?

Does he or she look like me?

Is it a girl or a boy?

Or did he abort?

All those questions are in my head every now and then yet I shrug them off. They make my head spin. I wonder how he looks like? I really want to see him again but I am scared of him, I don't want confrontation and if he gave birth does the kid know my existence. Did he tell him or her about me? But why should he, if I left him like that. I know they both hate me.

"Why are you two here at this hour, I literally just dropped you off" I heard Mr. Wright say with a soft voice, no wonder he has a soft voice, the way he was talking to me in his cold voice as if he hated me or something.

"Mason beat the boy who bullies me at school then Mrs. Lorraine said 'ugh I can't deal with you two let me call your daddy, she went inside her office then came back and said your daddy is busy, his driver is coming to fetch you and tell him I need to speak to him tomorrow if not don't come back' then we left" the girl said air coating the words her teacher said putting her hands over her waist and mimicking her. I almost laughed she looked funny.

"What did you do to that boy to bullied you?" Mr. Wright asked not sounding pleased.

"I don't know but he always picks on me" the little girl replied dramatically "grandpa says that if a boy bullies you that means they like you or have a crush on you but I-I don't think so" Mr. Wright laughed and my eyes widened, he had a beautiful smile just like his. I shook my head not to think about him. This wasn't the time.

"Granny is lying Madison but next time just go to a teacher before beating up someone and Mason I am so disappointed in you" he said acting like he was hurt.

"But granny told me that if someone beats your little sister, I should protect her, it's my duty as her big brother" the boy pouted. Their granny is a wise man, if it was me I would have done the same thing. No one bullies the ones I love.

"I think it's time to not leave you two with your grandpa too much. All he has taught you is violence" Mr. Wright sighed lowly shaking his head and standing up " it's ok to protect your sister Mason but violence is not the answer" I rolled my eyes, the kid was right get over it.

"I am sorry daddy but those kids should also stop bullying Madi, I can't watch them bully her" the boy said seriously, wow that's the spirit little man. I liked him.

"I will talk to the principal ok but next time go to the teacher" the boy nodded hugging his father tightly. They loved each other; you can see the love in their eyes.  "I am sorry Mr. Thompson this never happened before" he looked at me apologetically and for sure he resembles him.

"It's ok" I replied shrugging looking away, now I see him everywhere. So pathetic Nolan.

"Guys as you can see, I am busy right now, why don't you two go to Mr. Brown, he is free after all and I'm sure he will need some company" the little kids squeaked in delight "and no ice cream at this hour, tell Mr. Brown that ok" they pouted "you will eat ice cream later" they nodded "before you go, princess does your stomach still hurt" he asked with worry in his eyes.

"No dad I am good as new" Mr. Wright nodded pecking them on the cheek.

"No running around ok" they were out of the door not replying him "I am really sorry, let's continue" he sat down and this time I really looked at him, he really looked like Nate, my Nate. But he is not my Nate, Nate was so different from him, Nate was innocent, lovely and pure, he wasn't rude like this one and Nate wore glasses, those big glasses that's made him look cute.

Oh, my Nate I wish I could see you again. I sighed shaking my head.

"Nice family" I said looking at him my heart beating fast in my chest. He really looked like Nate, why does he look like him or he is his brother, no, no, I wish I knew Nate's last name.

"Thank you" he replied with a small smile.

"They are beautiful I think their mother is a beautiful woman" I ask and for the first time I looked around his desk, seeing the pictures on his desk. He was standing with both of his children in all the photos and others with some old lady and man. No woman was in the picture.

"Yeah, I am beautiful, thank you" he replied reading through a paper.

"I said their mother not you" I said rolling my eyes at him. Egoistic bastard.

"I am their mother Mr. Thompson" he looked at me for a spilt second locking eyes with me, there was something in his eyes but I can't put a finger on it. He smiled looking back down shaking his head as if he had thought of something.

"You're telling me that you gave birth to them" I asked in shock.

"Yes, is there a problem" he asked putting down the paper and looking at me in the eye "you never heard of men who get pregnant" he asked seriously. Yeah of course Nate was pregnant with my child and when I googled it on internet to my surprise many men can get pregnant.

"I have" he replied smirking.

"Now back to business" he said going through the papers again, "you seem so rude and arrogant this case isn't easy Mr. Thompson but I need to talk to the girl before we do anything else" he said but my mind was somewhere else.  Thinking about what he had said to me now "this is complicated and something doesn't add up with all of this. I need to see the footage of the club too" he said looking at me, all I did was to look at him not uttering any word still puzzled by what he had admitted "before I forget who were you talking to that day?" he asked.

"My dad" I replied in a small voice, I felt like my throat was closing up. Why? I don't know but I felt nervous all of the sudden.

"Ok so I need you to not do anything and don't talk to anyone about this case you hear me. I will call you if I find out something but for the mean time don't act, just stay low and don't leave the country" he said seriously

"Ok but please help me cause my dad will kill me if he finds out about this" I pleaded, the man will surely murder me. He will say how I always tarnish his name and how disappointed he was in me.

"I am going to do everything Mr. Thompson as long as you do as I say and trust me, I know what I am doing, sign here" he handed me a paper and a pen I sign my eyes not leaving him, something was intriguing about him and I can't put a finger on it. "Never sign things you haven't read through Mr. Thompson" he gritted his teeth "Don't do that, just be cautious, you might see this case as by the way but it's deeper than you think. The way everything is right now" I nodded he was right, that girl might have tried to fuck with me.

"I am sorry" I said

"Ok I will c-"

"Nate, I need your help with something" the door burst open a tall man came in breathing hard.

"Theo I am in the middle of a meeting you just can't just barge into my office like this" did this guy call him Nate as in Nathaniel.

"I know you're busy Nathan but you're the only one who can help me with this one, my boss is going to be arrested, he needs your help man" Mr. Wright looked at him for few minutes before he sighed shaking his head.

"I will call you Mr. Thompson" he said covering up a file. "What did he do" he asked looking at the Theo guy.

"Wait your name is Nathaniel?" I asked stupidly, he nodded looking at me with a duh look "you went to Abigail's high school?" I asked to be sure.

"Yes Mr. Thompson, I went there" he replied looking at me in the eye. My heart was beating hard.

"Which year if I may ask because I went there too before I moved to Germany" I asked legs buckling as my heartbeat raced at full force.

"2012 to 2015" he replied

"You know Nolan Thompson?" I asked gulping hard.

"How can I forget the father of my children"
****

Ok chapter five is done.

What do you think Nolan will do, Nate doesn't beat around the bush hihihi. I am so excited.

Let's find out in the next chapter.