Usagi

A/N: Izuku's POV unless otherwise

I remember the day I was left behind by All Might on the roof like it was yesterday. That day changed my life entirely. It was the end of the weak child names Izuku Midoriya and the beginning of Usagi the number 2 villain. Obviously All for One takes the first place but I am also happy with my second place. I was still quirkless after all.

Back then all I wanted was an answer. The answer to my life's dream and the one that could kill me. It was a very simple question too.

Can a quirkless child be a hero?

The answer for that is obvious to everyone. However, I still held on to the wish of being one myself despite being quirkless. There were also a couple of support heroes which thought basically quirkless not to mention the underground hero Eraserhead himself.

So knowing that there are heroes out there fighting basically quirkless, I had my hopes of the number 1 hero knowing the truth and telling me otherwise. But when do you even meet the number 1 hero in person anyways?

Apparently that can be done after having the worst day of your life.

My brother like friend Kacchan was always nice to me as far as I can remember until I got 4 and got diagnose as quirkless. After that day everything changes and he became a literal devil on my side. His quirk Explosions left dozens of wounds and marks on my skin. It was only a matter of time until he kills me, or so I thought anyways.

However, that day was finally the day he told me to go and take a swan dive after bullying me, beating me up and throwing my beloved notebook into the fishpond outside the school window. Back then it didn't sound like a bad idea to me. If it weren't for my mom. I loved her dearly and she was always there for me. I couldn't make myself do that and end my life. It would leave her divested.

Knowing that I just took the advice to heart and never went through with it. The same day I was beaten up by Bakugo and left unconscious on the school ground, I was attacked by a sludge villain and saved by none other than All Might himself.

Saved is a rather brought word.

I wouldn't use that term to describe the situation.

He was only getting me out of the clutches of a villain and then slapping an unconscious kid awake. I am pretty sure I could have died from his slaps if I were injured by the sludge villain. Not to mention that it hurt a lot.

Thinking about it, who even slaps a kid awake after saving it from a villain. Are there no protocols for this? I guess not.

So once he saved me I grabbed his leg while he went jumping off into the air. All I wanted was an answer to my question. The very own question that was holding me emotionally alive. It was a pipe dream but it was my pipe dream.

Once on a random 13 story building he sat me down and I got to ask him the question that would determine what I was about to do next.

Me: Can a quirkless kid be a hero?

It was as simple as that.

However, what happened after this left me dead inside.

The hero smiled at me and began laughing thinking I just made the joke of the year upon finding out that I was serious he finally decided to answer my question.

All Might: No, I don't think so. Dreaming to be one is ok, but you should dream to be something more realistic. If you want to help people, there's plenty of other ways to do it. Why not be a detective or a police officer maybe even a doctor or a nurse?

This was all he said before leaving me on the roof alone.

4 choices. I had 4 choices back then on the roof.

1) Ignore what everyone says and still try my luck at UA.

2) Be a vigilante which was not illegal for a quirless person. So I was save there.

3) End my miserable life here and now.

And finally the last one:

4) Show them what a true villain looks like.

I obviously chose number 1) I would like to say but in reality I was so mad at them. I was angry and furious at everyone that I chose 2).

But wait didn't I say I was the number 2 villain?

Yes, I did.

At that moment I chose number 2 but later that day I changed my decision to number 4).

The reason for that was simple. I lost my mother in a villain attack. She was a collateral damage as they like to say. She was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I only found out about this around 9 p.m. when some police officers came and tried to get me to go to an orphanage. After furthermore investigation I found out that she could have been saved very easily. All Might was at the scene after all. He had the power and the speed to save my mother form Endeavors attack but all he did was stand there and watch.

Can you believe that a hero was standing there and watching a human being, a person, a beloved citizen dies in front of them.

I couldn't and I was furious to the point I began planning his funeral and getting him six feet under of course.

So how did I escape the police? Easy. I told them I would just go and grab some stuff from my room, while in reality I just used the fire escape that was leading to my window and vanished with a couple of things.

I was very lucky that I found the LOV.

No.

I didn't find them.

They found me!