Bad Battery's

I stayed in the call with Dream as I went down there. I had my handy dandy flashlight in hand as I stepped down the stairs. I turned on the flashlight and I-

"Boo!" Dream yelled through the phone after being silent for like 5 minutes.

"Holy fuck!" I yelled as the threw the flashlight.

"Pff got you" Dream chuckled but it soon turned into a loud wheeze.

"Dream! You made me throw the flashlight!" I yelled again as my voice echoed in the basement.

"Oh, sorry I guess" He giggled a little as I ran over to the flashlight, the light was beginning to start to go out. It flicked a few times before, as I thought it would, it went dead.

"No fuck! The light!" I said as I tried to turn it on again but it didn't budge.

"Huh? Did your lights turn back on?" Dream asked curiously.

"No the flashlight died on me.." I grumbled sadly.

"Oh, turn on your phone flash light." He stated plainly as if I wasn't sitting alone in the dark, with god knows what else is in the basement with me. 

"That's kind of hard when your in a call with someone." I said as I looked around as my eyes tried to get used to the darkness. I was stuck in the part where you can basically only see the outlines of things close to you. I swear I saw someone and I let out a yelp.

"Are you okay sapnap?" He asked me sounding worried as I rushed to turn on my phone flashlight and pointed it to where I saw the person, it was just a pile of boxes that were stacked on each other and had a old jacket draped over them.

"I-I'm fine.. I swear I saw someone but it was just some boxes and a jacket.

He let out a sigh of relief "I though you got hurt or something." 

I blushed a little bit, I couldn't see it but I could feel my face begin to heat up after he said that.

"No, I'm fine." I stated plainly as I walked slowly towards the fuse- wait, I don't even know what a fuse box looks like.

"Hey Dream, uh- what does a fuse box look like?" I asked knowing I probably sounded really stupid.

"Its a metal box, that's the simplest way I can describe it." He said as I began to look for a metal box, after a fair few minutes of staying quiet I finally found it.

I looked at it as I opened it "How do I know if I blew my fuse?"

"Send me a picture." Dream stated plainly.

I took a picture and he looked at it "No you didn't blow a fuse?" He said but It sounded more like a question. 

As soon as I could I ran up stairs slamming the basement door behind me. "So do you have any idea why its still out then?"

"Go look at the powerlines and if they look fine then you might want to call the city." He suggested as I walked outside.

"It looks fin-" I was cut off by Iz running over.

"Hey Nick! Remember when you came over yesterday and asked about the power?" She asked me sounding out of breath.

"Uh yeah?" I looked at her nervously.

Dream was staying oddly quiet, "Well apparently when they shut off the power a few transformers blew so like more than half of the town is without power." She explained with her hands on her hips.

"Oh, do you know when they'll be fixed?" I looked around the neighborhood as a lot more people were outside today then the other days. But what else do you do when the power is out?

"Since were on the edge of down basically it going to take until Friday." She shrugged "They care more about in city Dallas than the outer more suburban part."

I let out a groan "Friday! Its only Wednesday!" I complained.

"Sorry but yeah, If you get bored feel free to come over and hangout" She waved bye before she ran off to her house.

I went back inside and sat down "So did you hear th-" I got cut off by him.

"Whos that?" He asked sounding snappy, but I also couldn't help but hear, jealously?

"My neighbor Iz" I said simply "Why? You sound jealous Dream?" I teased him with a smile on my face.

"I-I'm not jealous, I just wanted to know!" He said defensively but still flustered.

"Sureee" I teased again.

He was all quiet "You just sounded like you were in high school about to ask your crush out" He shot back.

I blushed "What! I don't like Iz" 

"I didn't say you liked her, you sounded like you did." I could hear that damned smirk he had on his face. I all of a sudden thought back to the dream I had about us.

I started to get more flustered and, Y'know.. 

"Jeez stay quiet why don't you.." He scoffed as I heard his chair squeak as he leaned back, probably stretching or something.

So I did stay quiet, it made everything that I was thinking about less embarrassing. At least for now.

"I wasn't being serious sappy" His voice sounded deeper, my mind was playing stupid tricks on me.

"Y-yeah sorry I spaced out." I squeaked out as it sounded more flustered than I would have liked.

"Hmm? What were you thinking about, Nick?"

.

..

...

Nick... He called me nick.

________________________________________________________________________________

Another chapter! Nicee. This one got into the 900 words so I hope that you liked it.

Please vote :))