24. Darling, So It Goes

A/N:
If you don't remember, and I don't blame you if you don't, this is the song in chapter 28 of 'The Darkness That Consumes The Light'. Which is the book that this is the companion novel to.

Also, anything Elvis makes me miss writing Boston.

"You... you love me?" His eyes widen monumentally in a panicked fashion. "Monica, I... I..." The look on Sean's face is one that is completely lost.

"You don't have to say anything." I think my declaration freaked him out. It had overwhelmed me when I'd nearly stated that fact to his best friend. "Just know I'm so sorry that I pushed you away." He's looking anywhere but at me and it has me grabbing ahold of his face, making him look directly at me. "I know that's hard for you to hear those words. To hear that I love you but I had to tell you because it's how I feel." He trembles slightly, almost like he's scared but I continue anyway with, "I love you and I don't want to lose you."

"Monica, I don't know how to. I fucking..." He shakes his head slightly, eyes filled with fear. "I can't..."

Because someone like Sean doesn't believe he is worthy of it; love. Because everyone he has ever cared for ends up abandoning him in some way, shape or form. They've hurt him. But I know Sean loves me. He's shown me many a time.

"You can, Sean." He shakes his head some more. "You don't have to say it back to me." I stroke the side of his face tenderly to try and give him some reassurance. To let him know that I truly mean the things I'm saying.

"What do you mean?" He blurts out, in typical Sean fashion.

I give him a slight eye roll with, "babe, just show me." It doesn't take long for him to process that as he lets me pull his face down to mine, letting me seal his lips with a kiss.

He pulls away in no time at all and I'm momentarily confused until he states earnestly, "baby, your place. I don't want to do this in here." I pull away slightly, giving him a nod in understanding. Without another second passing, he jerks my body up his and carries us across the hall to my apartment. He slams the door shut with his own back while cupping the back of my neck before bringing me in for a passionate kiss. His lips are almost punishing as if telling me that I better never leave him. I better never abandon him. Even though he was the one who left. He breaks away and gasps, "you're all I see, Monica." His lips punish mine a few more times before breaking away again. "You're the only thing I ever see. It's just you. Only you. You mean everything to me. You're my fucking everything."

And this is exactly what I knew he would do. He would show me just how much he needed me with his actions. I fist my hand in his hair and kiss him with everything in me.

"I'm yours," he states, while beginning to walk us toward the bed. "Monica, I'm all fucking yours. There's no one..." He chokes on his words and that's because I've shoved my hand down his pants, grabbing ahold of his cock, before giving it a few pumps as he lies us on the bed. "Fuck baby."

"I want you inside of me," it's a plea. I'm begging. Because I need him.

Those green depths hold mine with a soft smile, "I know, Mon, I know." He pecks my lips. "I want to be inside of you. I want to fill you up." That statement has my already wet self even wetter. "But I want to make you feel what I feel about you first."

That has me quirking a brow when he pulls away. Understanding quickly floods me as he drags my pants off of me. I tear my shirt off in record time as he also undresses. God, he's so fucking hot. He's so fucking sexy. Why does he have to be so hot? He smirks, like he knows the thoughts flooding my brain. Sean kneels before me in a predatory manner, one I've become entirely too accustomed to.

"You want to watch me, Sweetheart?"

I nod, not even realizing I'd propped myself up to watch him. Those green eyes, the way they ensnared me, were like a tether to my soul and had pulled me toward him without a second thought.

Those eyes of his. Those 'come fuck me' eyes...

"Sean, your eyes are just... they're just so fucking sexy." It's entirely not even fair and the smirk he gives me tells me he knows all too well.

"Well, Sweetheart, they're yours." He emphasizes the word and does so again, "They're all yours."

"Promise?"

Sean doesn't state so verbally. He attacks my needy heat like his life depends on it. He's showing me, in his own particular language, that yes— he's mine. That yes— he promises. With every lap, lick and suck he's wordlessly devoting himself to me and I can't help but toss my head back. The pleasure, the feelings, are overwhelming me and have me mumbling then shouting out at the sensations.

"That's it. Ride my face." His deep voice coos and I hadn't even began to register that I'd been doing so. "I'm all yours." His fingers enter me and it's all I can do not to come when he reiterates, "all yours, Monica. Every. Single. Part of me."

His declaration, the way he's fingering me, the sensation of his tongue— it's all too much. I scream his name and obscenities as I hit my pinnacle. I'm coming so fucking hard I can't see straight. I can't hear. I can't— oh fuck... His cock slams into me and I orgasm again. Hard. My legs wrap around him and I clamp down on him like a vice grip.

"Fuck... babe..." I rock on him in a wild manner, I can hardly control myself because this orgasm seems to last forever and then some. "Fuck! Monica! Fuck!"

I respond by telling him I love him in a fevered fashion. Over and over and over again. He's screaming. I'm screaming. Our pleasured curses the only thing spoken between us until we both finish together. He comes so hard, so much, and in this moment he's given me exactly what I had wanted. He had shown me exactly how he felt that I couldn't help but state it out loud, "I love you."

He doesn't answer me out loud. No, Sean just shows me, because physical touch is his love language. It's no wonder he gave it to no one else. And as he peppers kisses on my temples, forehead, and cheeks I can't help but feel loved. He rocks himself so slowly in and out of me and grabs my hand in his, holding it as he kisses my lips. Sean places his forehead on mine, those Eden greens expressing everything inside of them, before uttering words I never thought he would; could.

"I love you too, Monica."

I give him a vibrant smile with, "I know."

I have known. For quite some time. Even if he didn't want to admit it to himself. Even if he didn't want to admit it to me. It was there in all of his actions. Even the painful ones.

When he rolls off of me to lie beside me I can't help but roll right onto his chest, hating the thought of separation. He'd left for days after our argument. Weeks. And I can't remember ever feeling so lost. So scared. So helpless. Well, aside from when my mother died. Like one day I'd wake up and find out that he was gone forever, leaving me without another word. That every exchange we had between us seemingly meant... nothing. It's why he'd shut the door when he initially saw me. He didn't want to deal with the confrontation. Because even though Sean would like to pretend to not feel a thing, the man feels everythingdeeply. To the point of not wanting to feel anything at all.

I let out a deep, contented sigh when he wordlessly tangles our hands together, placing them over his heart. He places kisses in my hair while wrapping his other arm around me. He's holding me close. It's something I've longed for from him since the day he left me.

Who knew that the mess of a man who lived across the hall would end up meaning so much to me.

A/N:
I'm slipping into some of my older stories again. Giving the sporadic update here and there.

I missed Sean and Monica. Figured I'd slip into their's.