27. Dinner Inquisitions

"You're all I need."

It takes several blinks to rein in the tears that threaten to escape me.

"Don't cry, beautiful."

"Well don't say sweet shit like that and I won't." I blow out a deep breath trying to expel the overwhelming emotions flowing through me. "We better get downstairs since Daddy said dinner is ready." He grimaces and it does nothing but make me laugh, previous tears forgotten.

"When you said my name and that word in the same sentence earlier I wanted to audibly gag but I refrained... for your father's sake." He visibly cringes.

"I knew that would get to you and it had the desired effect— wiping that smirk right off of your face."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he says, feigning innocence.

"Oh sure, because the appropriate response to your girlfriend's father asking if you're the person making their daughter happy is to slap on your sexual-as-hell, I-fuck-like-a-sex-god smirk."

"My WHAT?!" He barks out a loud laugh at that.

"Yeah, you heard me you arrogant ass," I sass at him but it does nothing but make him laugh harder.

"Oh you have no idea the thoughts that I thunk."

"Like hell I don't. I know exactly where your brain went. Where it always goes. Sex. Straight to sex."

He holds up his hands, "listen, it's not my fault, ok? I was just built different. God meant to put a sprinkle and ended up spilling the whole filth container in the pot." Now it's my turn to laugh. "Don't act like you mind it." Sean winds his arms around my body before placing a kiss on my lips. His hands go down and squeeze my ass. "How about we stay up here and I make you soak your childhood bed?" I give his chest a swat as I pull away slightly but he continues. "I could put your legs over my shoulders. You could ride my face that way I love so much." That gaze of his is so intense that I can't help but squeeze my thighs together. "You'd like that, wouldn't you?" His hand goes from my ass to the front of my jeans, placing pressure on a place that so desperately needs it. I start to ride his hand when there's a knock on the door that has me freezing.

"Mon, dinner's ready," Jenn says, trying the door handle but it's locked. "Monica?"

I clear my throat and pull away from Sean, the mischievous look on his face has me shaking my head. I hate the fact that I'm now going to have to sit through a family dinner in soaking wet underwear. It would appear Sean had similar thoughts as he gives me a wink with, "better get downstairs. I'm starving. I really really want to eat."

With a frustrated breath I turn away from him, unlocking the door and giving my sister a smile on the other side. The look on her face a curious one, a knowing one. She looks up at the man behind me and her face immediately blushes. Whatever he'd done had her embarrassed and wordlessly leading us down the stairs. I throw an elbow back into him earning me a grunt. 

When we get to the table all of our food is served on fancy plates. I swallow uncomfortably hoping it doesn't make Sean feel that exact thing but I know that's an inevitability. I take a seat across from Sean while my father and sister sit at the heads.

"Dad, this looks fantastic!" My stomach automatically growls as I look down at the homemade chicken parmigiana. One thing I'd learned from my parents was how to cook Italian cuisine.

"Yes, Mr. Cavalieri, this looks f— absolutely delicious." Sean coughs out looking down at his plate but I'd caught the almost slip up. I'd venture to say my father did as well.