2. Strewn All Over

I have spent the entire day being on my feet. I worked all morning and the customers I had were the exact opposite of friendly. The last thing I want to be doing right now is moving the rest of my stuff into my apartment. The stairs were killer but hopefully my backside will look that much nicer because of them. It was pretty nice already though, if I do say so myself.

I let out a sigh as the moaning continues in the apartment next to mine. This guy, the hot one I'd made the mistake of moving into this apartment because of, has the biggest sexual appetite. At least, from the last two hours of incessant moaning coming from behind his door, I'd say he did. I pause when I hear the loudest climax between two people that I've ever heard.

I shake my head and am about to turn into my apartment when the two of them begin arguing. He must've said something to piss her off because now she's screaming. She's telling him what a fucking asshole he is. She's calling him the biggest dick she's ever met and that actually makes him laugh. He's laughing, talking about how she was just enjoying his big dick. That pisses her off even more.

"Next time you want to fuck go choke on someone else's dick," he yells back just as the door flies open and the woman runs directly into me, making my box fly out of my hands. The contents are now strewn all over. She doesn't say anything to him as she continues putting her shirt on, making her way angrily down the hall.

I can't help but look over the man currently standing in front of me. He's just in his underwear. Seeing his shirtless body from a distance hadn't done it a bit of justice and those eyes, good god. Those eyes were the brightest shade of green I've ever seen.

He's looking at me so intensely I can feel my entire body begin to heat up. Those eyes. That stare. That body. I feel like I might hyperventilate. When he grabs himself through his boxer-briefs I immediately cover my eyes. He did not just do that. He did not. No he didn't.

"I'm sorry." What am I even sorry for? Right, staring at his body. Well, really staring at his everything. I couldn't help but look at all of it. I uncover my eyes but avert my gaze to somewhere other than his nearly naked form.

"No, don't be." He steps out into the hallway and crouches down, "this is my fault." His voice is even hot. How is someone's voice even attractive? He begins placing my belongings back into my box. "My name is Sean," he says, looking at one of my books in his hand. "Looks like you really fucking enjoy reading."

"I'm Monica." I reach out for the box he now holds in his hands. "And yes, I really fucking enjoy reading." That makes his lips twitch into a semi-smile.

"You just moving in?" He asked, after a moment of us standing there looking at each other. I nod. "This place is pretty fucking shit."

"I've noticed."

"So, why'd you move in?"

Because I saw you sitting outside. "Because it's all I can afford." He looks over me, nodding his head in understanding. "Well, I should uh, probably get back to it."

"Yeah, I'll see you around, Monica." I turn away and go directly into my apartment. The moment I close the door I lean up against, feeling my face completely flush.

✩✩✩

Dance class had been great tonight. It was a nice escape from my current reality. My reality was a crappy waitressing job and studio apartment living. It was a far cry from the life I'd had before and a far cry from what I'd come from. If my father or my siblings saw where I was living now I'm sure I wouldn't hear the end of if. No, especially from Samuel. Nothing was ever good enough for him as it is.

I grab my bag from the passenger seat of my car and begin making my way inside when I see a familiar figure sitting on the steps. Sean's got a glass full of what I'm assuming is alcohol in one hand and a cigarette in the other. He looks like he's deep in thought about something. I'm coming to find he kind of always looks like that though.

Many a night I'd sat at my apartment window looking down on him. I had a perfect view of the stoop from there and every night I'd look out to see him doing exactly what he's currently doing. He'd sit there for a good half hour and I longed to go and sit beside him. I longed to talk to him about whatever it was that was going on inside of that handsome head of his. Because there was clearly a lot going on inside.

From the constant daily brooding I'd say that cocky, sarcastic attitude I'd seen him display masked something else. I mean, yes, the man had every right to be cocky. Any man who looks like that has the right to be cocky but that attitude seemed to mask something. Or maybe it didn't. Maybe Sean is as shallow on the inside as he appears to be on the outside. I guess all I really wanted was a chance to get to know. But from the look on his face tonight, it was definitely not happening right now.

"Hey Sean." His bright green orbs look to mine and for the briefest of moments I saw something deeper. I may be wrong but I could swear that there had been something before his arrogant demeanor had taken ahold of his features.

"Hey Monica, how's it going?" He takes a puff from his cigarette and blows out a long smoke-filled breath, aiming it away from me. I was grateful for that since I don't smoke.

"Good." I don't know what else to say. Every time I'm around him I find myself at a loss for words. "How're you?"

"Fan-fucking-tastic." He tips his glass to me before taking a hearty sip. He stands up and flicks his cigarette off into the distance.

"You know, that's littering." He furrows his brow at me and shakes his head. "What? It is."

"Sweetheart, if you think that's bad, you don't want to see the rest of the shit I do." And with those last words he walks inside leaving me standing on the steps alone.

A/N:
I've missed writing about these two.