10. Burn With Me

It's been a little over three weeks since everything happened with Sean. He'd left my clothes washed and folded right outside my apartment door without a word. In return, I'd done the same with his shirt. The only times I've actually seen him are when he's outside having his cigarettes, usually accompanied by a cocktail in his hand. He's looked up at my apartment window every now and again but I've studiously made sure I was out of sight.

As if my situation could be any more pathetic, I had to ask for financial help from my dad. I hadn't had a job in over a month now. The last week or so my head just hasn't been in the right place to even look for a job. I glance over at my bathroom as a wave of nausea rolls through me. I launch myself to my feet feeling the urge to vomit. I make it to the toilet just in time.

After all the contents of my stomach have been emptied I sit back on my knees. So much for trying to look cute tonight. I shake my head as I stand to my feet and flush the toilet. Once I go to the sink I look at my reflection. It's a few shades paler than it had been a moment ago. I make quick work of brushing my teeth and fixing my make-up.

I blow out a breath trying to repel a certain thought as it enters my mind. No. There's no way I'm that. There's no way I'm... Nope. I'm not even going to think the word. I'm on birth control. My periods have always been irregular, this is nothing new. It's all this stress going on in my life right now, nothing more. My doctor's appointment will clear all this up. Just switch up the birth control again and my symptoms will reside. This has all happened before.

I hear a knock on my door and flatten out my dress. I slip on my heels and grab my clutch before heading to the door. When I open it I'm met with an extremely large male body.

"Hey Joey."

"Hey there, gorgeous." He looks me up and down appreciatively. "You ready to have a good time?"

"Absolutely." After locking up we make our way out of the apartment building. "Where are we going?"

"I figured we'd go out to eat and then maybe go to a club." He opens he door to his car saying, "how does that sound?"

"That sounds like a plan." I hop in the car just wanting to forget the stress that is my life.

✩✩✩

After dinner we'd hit up a few different bars and then landed in a nightclub. We'd just made it in at about midnight. The alcohol coursing through my veins has helped me forget my current problems. The way Joey is dancing with me right now, his large body is pressed up against mine as he moves. He's a lot bigger and buff than the typical guy I'd go for. He was basically just like one giant cloud of muscles.

"You want a drink?" He says loudly into my ear so I can hear him over the music. "Something to loosen you up a bit, baby?"

"Sure." I yell out because why the fuck not. I'm already pretty drunk, why not get wasted? He drags me through up until we're a few feet from the bar and I pause when I see him. Sean is currently shaking a drink in his hands dancing around with the other bar tender. He looks so carefree and like he's into her, whoever she is.

"Hey, why'd you stop?"

I feel my stomach lurch and say, "you know what, I'm going to go to the bathroom."

He nods his head as I pull away from him and beeline toward the restroom. Once I'm inside I'm so happy to see a stall empty. I close the door and expel the drinks from my system and my dinner. Once I stop shaking, I stand up. Surprisingly, there isn't a group of drunk girls complimenting each other when I walk out. I'm thankful no one is there because I feel like crying.