Scars Part 13

Neoma ran until she felt her lungs would burst. The scar Leedo had given her continued to burn alongside the memory of their encounter. Both experiences proved to be equally agonizing. On approaching the castle grounds she observed the figure of Hwanwoong throwing large bundles into a large bonfire, his movements were sprightly and animated. His fuchsia hair glowed in the firelight giving him a larger than life, supernatural appearance. He reminded Neoma of an evil fairy tale pixie. Not wishing to endure an interrogation, Neoma slunk away to the back of the building and entered the servants entrance. Locating a covered tray in the kitchen, she carried it up with her to her fathers room. 

Xion was sitting silently by the window, gazing out into the moonlit night when Neoma entered, startling him from his thoughts. Placing the tray down, Neoma removed her cloak, revealing the whip attached to her waist. Eyeing the weapon with apprehension, Xion stood up, the chain cuffed to his ankle made a jarring metallic jangling sound with each of his movements. Obediently he removed his shirt and stood facing away from her with the palms of his hands placed against the wall. Xion's naked back revealed a multitude of scars depicting various burn and scratch marks inflicted upon him during Neoma's previous visits. 

Xion closed his eyes, preparing himself for Neoma's onslaught. To his confusion, she did not attack him as expected. Glancing hesitantly over his shoulders, he witnessed Neoma, sitting on the bed, holding her head in her hands. In spite of almost a month of ongoing torture, he had inexplicably formed a connection with her and felt compelled to comfort her. Curious with concern, Xion cautiously approached her and timidly placed a hand on her shoulder. 'What is the matter Neoma?' he asked softly.

Neoma slowly raised her head, her large grey eyes shone with sentiment, 'I don't think I can do this anymore.' Xions heart lurched, 'What do you mean?' he asked, his voice wavering as he contemplated the alternative to being held captive. His large doe like eyes searched her face anxiously, there was no doubt in his mind that she would kill him sooner than release him. Suddenly, Neoma's blank expression transformed into an unsettling smile as she reached out and lightly stroked his cheek. 'Don't concern yourself my friend' she said, her tone sickly sweet, 'I'm just a little out of sorts this evening, I'm not done with you quite yet.' As she finished speaking, Neoma stood and swept out of the room, closing the door firmly behind her. 

Xion sat alone, staring from the door to the covered tray. He had lost his appetite.